Question: Swedish Mausers

BryanJ

What rifle do you think is more collectable, a 1920 Carl Gustafs or a 1941 Husqvarna, assuming similar condition?  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no replies to my question, so I’ll talk to myself.  There was a local auction yesterday here in Tallahassee, Florida.  I was out bid on the 1920 M96, but was the high bidder on the Husqvarna M38, with a manufacture date of 1941.  The rifle is not in pristine shape, a lot of the bluing is gone, and the stock has its share of dings.  Anyway, if no one replies, no big deal, I’ve been married for 41 years and I’ve now gotten accustomed to being ignored.  

I guess it depends if you mean collect-ability in general, or purely for the weapons they are.

Since neither gun is from one of the fighting nations of WW2, they will draw less interest than, say,  a K98 or Arisaka. As seen individually, they might be beatifully made examples, and great fun on the range.

Charlie Flick

One reason for the lack of replies is likely due to the fact that your question about Swedish rifles was posted in the UK Forum.   Try posting your question in the Scandanavian Forum and I suspect that you will get a better response.  Here is the link:

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1756-scandinavia/

Charlie