Unrecognized Uniform northern countries/russia.

SteBur

Go to solution Solved by Gunner87,

Does anyone recognise this uniform (nationality and rank)? The picture should be from 1930-1944 and comes from Northern Russia/Karelia/Norway/Finland. Any ideas?

Can anybody read the writing on the image?

Thank you very much for your consideration!

50801429747_cbfaa479ef_o(2).jpg

3 hours ago, SteBur said:

Does anyone recognise this uniform (nationality and rank)? The picture should be from 1930-1944 and comes from Northern Russia/Karelia/Norway/Finland. Any ideas?

Can anybody read the writing on the image?

Thank you very much for your consideration!

50801429747_cbfaa479ef_o(2).jpg

Hello Stephan, welcome to the forum.

I am a member of a military group online with experts in international rank and insignia so have asked for assistance. Will update you if identified.

Gunner

1 minute ago, Gunner87 said:

I've had it suggested this is a Norwegian uniform and looking at the attached appears your soldier in the photograph is a Lieutenant.

http://m55q.blogspot.com/2010/02/and-now-for-something-completely.html

Gunner 

0DEAA26F-C942-4FF5-B313-BB8911739FFF.jpeg

Great! Thank you very much. It looks quite similar. But this is rather WWI, isn´t it? *** stars would be a captain then? Best! Stephan

2 hours ago, Gunner87 said:

Hello Stephan, welcome to the forum.

I am a member of a military group online with experts in international rank and insignia so have asked for assistance. Will update you if identified.

Gunner

1 hour ago, SteBur said:

Great! Thank you very much. It looks quite similar. But this is rather WWI, isn´t it? *** stars would be a captain then? Best! Stephan

I think with the two bands on the cap and two stars he is a 'Leutnant'.... I cant see three and the manual is from 1940. 

Great pic anyway Stephan. Please share more of your collection.

Gunner

Yes, I see... Thanks Gunnar! This helped alot! My collection consists of a bunch of a variety of images and stuff my father left me. Its all related to my family history and a mystery to me.

The guy in the photo, for example, looks really damn similar to me and my son. But nobody knows who he is. And where he went. The text on the photo says something about a farewell. 1040s could also be a good guess. But otherwise?

My family was involved in the North Sea trade, living in Arhangelsk before the Great War and the Russian Revolution. From then on, everything sank into chaos.

Anyway. Many thanks for your help!

45 minutes ago, Gunner87 said:

I think with the two bands on the cap and two stars he is a 'Leunant'.... I cant see three and the manual is from 1940. 

Great pic anyway Stephan. Please share more of your collection.

Gunner

Yes, I see... Thanks Gunnar! This helped alot! My collection consists of a bunch of a variety of images and stuff my father left me. Its all related to my family history and a mystery to me.

The guy in the photo, for example, looks really damn similar to me and my son. But nobody knows who he is. And where he went. The text on the photo says something about a farewell. 1040s could also be a good guess. But otherwise?

My family was involved in the North Sea trade, living in Arhangelsk before the Great War and the Russian Revolution. From then on, everything sank into chaos.

Anyway. Many thanks for your help!

7 minutes ago, NorBn said:

It says something like «a memory from when I left». Can’t make out the other words.

Great!! Thank you, Its norwegian, isnt it?

8 hours ago, SteBur said:

Great!! Thank you, Its norwegian, isnt it?

The writing is Norwegian and the uniform looks like it is too, even though I dont’t know much about these.