German Flag?

FLINTSTONESKID

FLINTSTONESKID

Could anybody help me with exactly what this flag might be? The pocket does not go completely through and as sewn shut at the top. It is double sided. I blacklit it with no issues. Please see the comparison of my hand in the image which will give you an idea on size, however, I can certainly measure it exactly if anyone would want me to.

I'm also interested in any suggestions on how to safely get the wrinkles out of this.

Thank you in advance!

Josh

20240323_110852.jpg

20240323_110942.jpg

20240323_111024.jpg

20240323_110923.jpg

Rakkasan187

Small patriotic flag that was handed out for large NSDAP parades or rallies. The details would indicate that it was handed out to the large crowds to wave when high ranking officials or Der Fuhrer would pass in his motorcade. A small wooden dowel would have been on the reinforced end. Given the rough details of the roundel and the frayed edges and the fact these were mass produced it is likely that they were used a few times and then either discarded or put in a dresser drawer.

Multiples of these were also strung together with a piece of rope or thin string through the reinforced top and hung over a street or from adjoining windows or balcony ledges. They were again mass produced and they hung outdoors so the condition of the roundel and the frayed edges indicate they would not have been used for formal events where more attention to the sewing and cloth borders would have been taken into account.   

You can remove the wrinkles by placing a towel over the flag and then using steam and an iron press the towel. You can also lightly spritz the flag with some water and then cover with the towel and let the heat/steam remove the wrinkles. 

Leigh 

Rakkasan187

When I have some time, I will post some images of some of these in use. 

There were some other examples similar to these, but they were in a triangular shape, pennant style or better known as Wimples. 

Leigh 

FLINTSTONESKID
On 3/29/2024 at 9:22 AM, Rakkasan187 said:

When I have some time, I will post some images of some of these in use. 

There were some other examples similar to these, but they were in a triangular shape, pennant style or better known as Wimples. 

Leigh 

Thank you very much!