• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on WMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the  donation.

Thank you for supporting WMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Kia kaha
      Ex Japanese type 90 helmet modified by fixing Adrian helmet type liner. this has the Japanese army star painted red and reattached.
    • Marine1058
      I forgot this photo.
    • patches
      A Red, I think during the post war Civil War, the captured helmet now has Red Star painted on it, would love to know if some of these German helmets were worn by the PVA during the Korean War.
    • Karl
      Here are two Rhodesian four man sticks. All original items that I have in my collection
    • Gear Fanatic
      Really nailed the head! The hat looks great, you going to do anymore shadowing on the leather, the uniform etc? Looks great can’t wait to see more
    • Scarecrow
      Recently acquired this grouping to a US United Nations Pilot, Captain Skip Doney.  Unusual, different but interesting grouping.  As you can see brass badge also says he was a member of the US State Department.  Also of note is at the bottom of the badge is a small United Nations Korean War service ribbon.  I'm guessing this lot may be from the late 50's-60's era, the height of the Cold War.  A US pilot flying around the world under the umbrella of both the United Nations and US State Dept., wondering if there might be a CIA connection also, hmm.  I haven't tried to research Capt. Doney yet.  Thanks for looking.
    • SARGE
      OK.  I found your jacket in Keubke/Kunz, "Uniformen der Nationalen Volksarmee der DDR 1956-1986", page 190.  It is shown as 1978 issue "Sonderbekleidung der Luftstreitkrafte/Luftverteidigung 1978" as a black Summer Technician jacket & trousers.  The rank insignia is as we discussed above and is indeed worn where it is sewn on your jacket.     So, a NVA Air Force outfit with proper rank insignia and no shoulder boards.     Good find.  
    • Rakkasan187
      Rayray,   There are a few decent books out there that show a broad overview of the German Soldier and his equipment...   Here are a few:   Deutsche Soldaten: Uniforms, Equipment & Personal Items of the German Soldier 1939-45 by Augustin Saiz Fighting Men of World War II: Axis Forces by David Miller.   David Miller also wrote the companion book: Fighting Men of World War II Allied Forces: Uniforms, Equipment & Weapons   These are some good starting point books and then once you decide particulars of German equipment (helmets, bayonets, etc. you can then branch out)   Hope these help   Leigh   
    • ArtyScout
      Well, I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day, and although it was Memorial Day, I wanted to do some work on my figure. While checking out some research pics, I saw that artillery personnel wore red piping on their uniforms. (the panzers wore pink piping, etc.). So, I had to redo the piping on my figure's cap. I had given my figure's uniform a field grey overall color and I did the service belt and holster in Testors Leather (enamel).  I painted the shoulder boards, lapel insignias and Iron Cross and decorations and I decaled on the German Cross ribbon on his tunic, the German eagle and the 'Das Reich' arm insignias. BTW the boots have also been done. I still need to do some touch ups and tweaking, so it's definitely a WIP. I've decided in giving him camouflaged trousers. I believe the extra color will make him pop out more. Enjoy the WIP pictures.    Semper Fi.   Manny    
    • patches
    • patches
      Another Flak Mann from a unit inside Germany. It seems the men in those Flak units inside Germany, in the cities, stationed in sensitive areas. like Dams, important bridges in the countryside etc etc, stationed in occupied countries that were not the seat of ground action, i.e. Denmark, Norway etc, they did not get awarded the Ground Combat Badges.
    • patches