• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on WMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the  donation.

Thank you for supporting WMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• abufletcher
      Whenever I search the web for images of IJA ranks, I always find that the images show patches with red and yellow, like the one below.  But the insignia on my tunic and the ones on Allan's tunic are red and olive green.  I assume this change happened in some particular year, but don't know when.  Where the yellow and red rank insignia used prior to 1938?    
    • Mr. Bushido
      I too find it difficult to identify the name. However, I get the impression that it is Tanioka. I think the four letters lined up above the “谷” in the third image your student showed are the type of letters embroidered on your jacket.   Could you please explain more specifically about the question about the color of the rank insignia? To me it looks like a regular collar insignia established in 1938.
    • RRA227
      Great piece.  Rich A. in Pa.
    • SARGE
      This one I do not like very much.  Reaction to black light is not a good sign.  It also appears it once had a pip that has been removed.    
    • Martyn
      This one I'm thinking is fake as the cotton holding the braids together glows under black light. Can anyone confirm this, or otherwise please? Thank you
    • Martyn
      Many thanks that's nice to know. I only have a small SS collection and this is one of my favourite objects. There is a small gilt area at the bottom of the 1
    • SARGE
      I don't see any red flags.  It looks like original tunic removed insignia to me.   Theoretically the #1 should be gilt but any gilt may have been worn away.  I have also seen alum enlisted numbers on officer boards before.      
    • SARGE
      Gents,   I am showing a Werkschutz Summer Officer tunic at the request of a member.  This is a lightly lined Summer weight open collar tunic made in salt 'n pepper fabric.  Several slightly different colored forms of this woven fabric were manufactured in Italy for the use of German Paratroopers and the Police during the war.  This is the black/white woven format that looks grey from a distance.  Notice the narrow Green backed Leutnant shoulder boards specific to the Werkschutz. Also notice the Officer style Werkschutz sleeve patch made in salt 'n pepper fabric with bullion highlights.     These Werkschutz (Factory Protection Police) uniforms are quite scarce.  The salt 'n pepper sleeve patches are also scarce.    
    • Martyn
      Hi they penetrated the top section only, which makes me think that they are tailor made
    • abufletcher
      One of my past students said the second kanji was "oka" and sent me this screen shot from some app that identifies this style of writing.  However, she was unsure about the first kanji and thought that might be "ima" and that "Imaoka" is a fairly common family name.  The shopkeeper told me and he seemed quite certain.  I just wish I had paid more attention! 🤔  Somehow "Tanioka" rings more of a bell than "Imaoka."   Also when did the collar rank insignia change from red and yellow to red and olive?    
    • SARGE
      Do the metal pips and number pins penetrate the entire shoulder board or just the top layer of bullion?  Photo of the back please.  
    • 1SG
      I’m NOT registered with PayPal, Zelle ****Postage calculated by zip code. When you order let me know your zip code and I’ll calculate actual postage for you.  Payment only by: Cash, check, money order, Western Union transfer or Bill Pay from your bank.  ****I’m not registered with PayPal.**** Each of these books is considered used-excellent condition.    All books are mailed USPS Media rate, with tracking, unless the buyer instructs otherwise.    12. NAZI REGALIA by Jack Pia  $12.00        © 1971   13. SS REGALIA by Jack Pia  $12.00      First Printing 1974