• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on WMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the  donation.

Thank you for supporting WMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Ivydiv
      Thanks, I thought I saw this same award listed For Sale with the same description, and the West German, Post War braided cord for sale on Stewart's Militaria. I would like to get an all original WWII piece, including the cord, in any class. Thanks for the heads up. I am still looking. Dave
    • SteveUK
      Very nice, always liked Czech legion bits. Best wishes steve
    • abufletcher
      Thank you for your response and this helpful information.  Are the 隊号章 patches common?  I'm far from an expert, but I haven't seem them before.    Would accountant service fall under the intendence department?  BTW, I think the officer's name was Tanioka, but I'm not sure.  Even Japanese can have difficulty reading these old style stylistic kanji.     
    • Martyn
      Hi. To me this looks good and has no glow under black light (although I know that that doesn't mean that it's original). It is well made with a metal (magnetic) insert. Please can anyone advise on this one please? Thank you
    • Mr. Bushido
      Such a beautiful uniform!   My guess is that the owner of this uniform is an "【経理科】Accountant" service. Perhaps the color has faded with age.   The badge is a type called a "【隊号章】unit and number badge". Here, "【中】Chu" means "【中部】Chūbu region", not "【中国】China". In other words, he belongs to "【中部軍管区】Central District Army" or the headquarters that took over from this headquarters.   The numbers are sequential numbers for large units, so they are different from the numbers that name individual units. Therefore, I was unable to identify the actual unit using the documents I have.
    • Gunner87
      It is my understanding that he would be an Adult Instructor holding a Commission in the Cadet Force as opposed to the Regular Army or Territorial Force as it was then.    The officer would not be qualified to lead adult soldiers.   At least that is how it is now.   Of note, and not sure how it is in the US, but you can currently join the British Army at 16.   That is a private purchase tunic as was normal practice and expected of officers.
    • patches
      So if this C does stand for Cadets, would this Captain of the HLI be seconed to the Cadets as a instructor?
    • abufletcher
      Very impressive and unique uniform, Sarge.  And I agree that the research is half the fun.  (Sadly, even after a quarter century of working in Japan, my Japanese skills are still sadly lacking.)   Note:  The business card on the left is upside down.
    • abufletcher
      Another question I have is about the rank insignia.  Most online charts show red and yellow, instead of the red and olive green on this uniform.   Allan's uniform also has the red and olive green insignia.   After looking at the division color chart again (and finding another instance of a similar color on eBay) I think mine might be of the "intendence" department, which is a British term for "administrative."  That would make since given the brigade's roll in China and the condition of the uniform.
    • Gunner87
      Hi Dave. Sent you a pm.... Gunner
    • Ivydiv
      How elusive is it to find one of the Panzer shooting award lanyards, any class? Wondering how hard it will be to find one, and ballpark price. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks  Dave
    • Gunner87
      Hi patches   Young men 13 upwards I believe but in this article it says 'who have passed the age of make-believe'    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Cadet_Force   Gunner