Kanalpolizei Warrant Disc

SARGE

Gents,

I thought I would show an Imperial German Police warrant disc for a Beamte in the Kanalpolizei. This identity disc served the same purpose as a police badge does for US Police in plain clothing. The disc identifies the possessor as a Polizei Beamte (Police Official) and allows them access or the right to detain/arrest someone. This particular disc is for a Kaiser-Wilhelm Kanal Policemen.

Kanal Polizei disc.jpg

Kanal Polizei reverse.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jerry. I had never seen one of these Kanalpolizei discs before either. I think it is particularly interesting because it is an Imperial Federal Police disc rather than a State disc like the Gempo and Kriminalpolizei discs. Notice the Federal Beamte eagle wearing the Imperial crown rather than the Prussian crown. This one came from a police badge collector who had little interest in it since it was not a pin-on badge. I was happy to get it.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the info Fred. I did not really know the proper time frame for this disc.

The police detective of the Netflix German series Babylon Berlin, set in the 1920s, is seen several times with a similar disc on a cord in his left hand and a 1907 Dreyse pistol in the other.

The police detective of the Netflix German series Babylon Berlin, set in the 1920s, is seen several times with a similar disc on a cord in his left hand and a 1907 Dreyse pistol in the other.

Yep, I loved that program. Not only were the uniforms and equipment correct but the 1920s abandon and riot in the Berlin of the Weimar Republic well acted out IMHO. Here is an example of that Model 1907 Police Dreyse as used by our protagonist in the series. This one started out life as an Imperial Polizei weapon and continued in use by the post WWI Police as indicated by later property markings on the grips and the "1920" Government property marking on the slide.

Dreyse 1907 l grip.JPG

• 4 months later...