close up pics of mountain tunic posted a while ago

ussjfkcv67

ussjfkcv67

Here are some better pics of a mountain troops jacket a posted as new addition a while back. Proud Kraut asked me to post some better pics. After looking closer at the jacket I believe it was a private purchase tailored jacket. The jacket at one time had a shoulder patch on it as you can see the stitching and outline on the sleeve pocket. This came from a late friends collection who obtained it in the late 1980s as he was traveling to Germany between 1988 and 1990.

Pic 1 the original pic of the jacket

post-185772-0-79019300-1562324591_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

Very interesting, I have never seen such a uniform before. Could be very well airborne or infantry as well. Privat purchase for shure. I have to to some further research on this.

Yes, the Bundeswehr did wear an early grey "Ike Jacket" uniform such as this but not made in this cut. A private purchase Jacke for sure.

Very nice!

interesting jacket the BW gebirgsjager jackets didnt have any lower pockets. any sign of buttons under the eppaulets and any sign of tresse around the collars as its an nco it should have bronze colour tresse

Proud Kraut

Gebirgsjaeger/mountain was my first thought too because of the two pockets and the hidden buttons/zipper BUT after regarding the picture with the arm pocket I have some doubts. It looks like that their was a Verbandsabzeichen (SSI) sewn on the left arm pocket once. Members of the Gebirgstruppe are wearing a green oval with edelweiss as SSI. All other Army divisions, including the former airborne division, have SSI formed as a shield. The "shadow" of the SSI stiching looks rather like a shield than an oval.Nevertheless a very interesting uniform.

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/314114-verbandsabzeichen-des-heeres-bw-army-ssi/

Tasche.jpg

could be looking at a soldier moving units clearly hes got gebirgsjager links but with the advanced commando course qual and the paratrooper qual and the SSI as a shield rather than oval would imply that either he started off as a para and became a mountain man or vice versa