NAME THAT WAR/MILITARY FILM

stratasfan

stratasfan

The same idea as the USMF thread by this title . . . but so many great war movies about non-US military, I thought I'd start one on here! I'll start by posting a screen grab from a movie. If you think you know what movie it is from ... post your guess! If you have a screengrab to share . . . feel free to post it! Don't post the title of the film, though! -grin-

Here is the inaugural one - chose one that should be easier than some others I want to post! ;)

tt.JPG

On 6/1/2020 at 8:38 AM, stratasfan said:

The same idea as the USMF thread by this title . . . but so many great war movies about non-US military, I thought I'd start one on here! I'll start by posting a screen grab from a movie. If you think you know what movie it is from ... post your guess! If you have a screengrab to share . . . feel free to post it! Don't post the title of the film, though! -grin-

Here is the inaugural one - chose one that should be easier than some others I want to post! ;)

tt.JPG

The Train

stratasfan
4 minutes ago, patches said:

Flame over India, or if you like The Northwest Passage.

Correct! We have the DVD of Norwest Frontier, but the paper insert says "Flame Over India". Identity crisis! :)

stratasfan
7 minutes ago, patches said:

The Train

Correct again! One of my very favorite war films! 

stratasfan
6 minutes ago, patches said:

The Third Man?

Nope . . . this image does show one of the people who is billed over the title, though.

3 hours ago, stratasfan said:

Correct! We have the DVD of Norwest Frontier, but the paper insert says "Flame Over India". Identity crisis! :)

One was the UK Release's title the other the U.S., I forgot which one is which LOL, I have on DVD too, watch it often, this one I got is titled Flame over India.

• 1 month later...

OK . . . to get this kick started again . . . Numbers 2 and 4 are still up for guessing! 

Here is another:

image.png

• 1 year later...

I believe North West Frontier is the British title, I didn't know it had different titles for other territories ( it was titled Empress of India in Australia); it's a family favourite here. The last image posted with the chap leaning over the bridge of a ship is Gift Horse I believe, with Trevor Howard as the Captain of HMS Ballantrae, it was known as Glory at Sea in the United States.

Continuing the maritime theme, here's another one to guess:

TCS.jpeg.a4073a6aec401e81b3f686454b6ea822.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Cross of Iron

Here's one for you

Screenshot (13).png

here's one

Screenshot (13).png

Please excuse the double photos, I have a lot of problems posting photos on this site!🤪

Dune Panther

Great to see some activity for this topic again! And that Cross of Iron image is terrific, I've never seen that one before. I see that actor playing the part of the ex-SS "Special Action Squad" member that was transferred to Steiner's outfit (wearing an M-43 cap and seen in profile on the left). And things ended rather painfully for him, didn't they? Ouch!

Not knowing the rules of this thread (if there are any), is it okay to submit an answer or guess, without having been involved in the question & answer back-and-forth beforehand? I think I know the movie that the still submitted by shemp h. came from but don't want to intrude otherwise. Unless that is not a problem.   

First time I saw "Cross of Iron, it was of all places on a Kibbutz in Israel around 1979!  I knew of one lady that still had her tatoo from a concentration camp. I was really surprised they showed this there.

Dune Panther
On 7/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, shemp h. said:

Cross of Iron

Here's one for you

Screenshot (13).png

here's one

Screenshot (13).png

Please excuse the double photos, I have a lot of problems posting photos on this site!🤪

Is the movie Bataan from 1943?

On 7/19/2022 at 3:22 PM, Otter42 said:

First time I saw "Cross of Iron, it was of all places on a Kibbutz in Israel around 1979!  I knew of one lady that still had her tatoo from a concentration camp. I was really surprised they showed this there.

Amazing! Even though Cross of Iron is anti-war, surprising that it would have been shown there. Bet that was an interesting experience!

16 hours ago, Dune Panther said:

Is the movie Bataan from 1943?

Amazing! Even though Cross of Iron is anti-war, surprising that it would have been shown there. Bet that was an interesting experience!

Yes it is, one of my favorite war films

Screenshot (14).png