NAME THAT WAR/MILITARY FILM

stratasfan

Dune Panther
On 7/22/2022 at 4:05 PM, shemp h. said:

Yes it is, one of my favorite war films

Screenshot (14).png

I like Bataan a lot, too (and the later Back to Bataan). First saw them on Movies Til Dawn (during the late 60s/early 70s in the Los Angeles area), one of those programs where local TV stations would air old black & white films all night long. Saw lots of great classics that way, and scenes from either of the Bataan movies are recognizable.

I'll add a clue for another Name That War/Military Film below. Good luck to all!

1a1 Film Quiz.JPG

Dune Panther
1 hour ago, shemp h. said:

I don't know this movie, but at least four of the helmets are missing pins and or vents ;)

It also looks to me like the enlisted shoulder boards used could be East German as they are so stiff.

13 minutes ago, jmd62 said:

Stalingrad from 1993?

Right you are my friend! More info on the movie here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalingrad_(1993_film) and it can be watched streaming for free here (in German language with English subtitles): https://archive.org/details/stalingrad-1993-english-subtitles.

Care to submit an entry for the quiz?

This one is obviously a bit old being from the early 40's, and not necessarily one of the WW2 movies people typically think of. Here's another scene..

gettyimages-159822014-2048x2048.jpg.d6322844997a617fb11d0dc57513ee36.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Otter42 said:

Original Red Dawn?

Indeed it is, says Woody!

large_pork_chop_hill_blu-ray_06.jpg

I don't know if anyone here has watched, 'Professor T' but here he is in a war film.

278256361_10223285777386882_4412397196678887097_n (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, shemp h. said:

Anyone?

Ginger haired, husky voiced, actor Gene Evans in the 'Steel Hemet'. First Korean war movie.

13 hours ago, 12thengr said:

Ginger haired, husky voiced, actor Gene Evans in the 'Steel Hemet'. First Korean war movie.

Correct, and it was also his film debut, and he played the same type of character in another Korean war film called " Fixed Bayonets "

• 1 month later...