Imperial German tortoise shell cammo helmet

warguy

I have had this helmet in my collection for about a decade. My knees get weak when I see nice original three color tortoise shell M16's with the finger width black lines. I just think they are so iconic. I love this helmet, and it looks great in my Imperial display. I have an original leather chin strap for this helmet that is pretty fragile so I store it separately. I recently acquired a light box, and have been fiddling with photos now that I have more time in retirement. Thanks for looking. 

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Thanks you guys for the nice comments. I am still practicing with the light box and noticed in these photos the square shape light reflection on the crown makes it look like a dent. In fact I had to go back to the display cabinet to make sure the shell wasn't dented (it is not). I have the figure out how to address that reflection. Hasn't happened on the 15 or so other helmets I have photographed. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, nice camo's Stahlhelm. I have had several of these through the years. I buy them because they look cool but, they do not fit into my collecting interest so, they always get sold when something I like comes along. However, while I type this, there is another one on my shelf looking back at me. I think this may be number 9

Beautiful lid! Like yours, I really like those early M16/M17 lids with the camo paint. There a few different patters to collect also. Some soldiers got away from the norm painted them according to the landscape colors around them. Good idea with the chinstrap to put it away. Thanks for posting your Helmet.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...