New Russian Tank Museum at Kubinka

gwb123

Video tour of the new Russian museum  Kubinka, Odintsovsky District, Moscow Oblast, Russia where tanks, armoured fighting vehicles (AFVs) and their relevant information are displayed and showcased.

https://www.facebook.com/wrhstol/videos/350688235606007/

This collection was formerly on a nearby military base, and while well maintained, it was packed close together as the presenter notes.  It also requested special permission for visiting.  Apparently this new venue is open to the public. 

KK 1.jpg

It's a unique museum with a selection of rare Russian (Soviet), German, Japanese and even some UK and US Lend Lease Vehicles.   All of them are nicely restored, although you will note a few missing parts. 

KK 2.jpg

KK 3.jpg

KK 5.jpg

I will have to confess to not knowing there were so many Russian variations during the war.  As the video moves through the displays, you can see the progression of Russian tank design.

KK 6.jpg

KK 7.jpg

A very wide ranging selection of German vehicles.

As for the Japanese tanks, I've never seen so many in one location.  As the narrator notes, they were from early battles in 1939, and then later in 1945.

KK 8.jpg

KK 9.jpg

KK 10.jpg

Wow, an incredible museum. I wonder how many of these tanks are still operational/running. Thanks for sharing these pictures, very impressive!