Unknown WWII French Woman's Uniform

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

My knowledge of French Militaria is somewhat limited, so I am hoping someone will be able to share more info on this. It appears to be a WWII era Woman's uniform set (jacket, skirt, and three armbands) from the Groupe Escadrons De Choc, with a bullion 18 patch on the left sleeve. Thanks for any information!

DSCN7427.jpg

DSCN7428.jpg

DSCN7429.jpg

DSCN7430.jpg

DSCN7431.jpg

DSCN7432.jpg

DSCN7433.jpg

DSCN7434.jpg

DSCN7435.jpg

• 1 month later...

hello

answer in french :

Bonjour,
En 1945, le 18ème chasseurs à cheval fut reconstituer avec des unités FFI avec 2 groupes d'escadron.
Le 1er qui se bat dans la poche de Royan et le 2ème à la pointe de Graves avec la Brigade Médoc.
Les roues sur les pattes de col ne ressemblent pas au brevet de mécanicien décrit dans l'Uniforme Officiel de 1937. Le brevet de 1937 a beaucoup plus de dents.
Par contre on retrouve ces pattes de col dans les grouping des chaufferettes de l'armée de libération (roue à 8 dents).
Une tenue de 39/40 remis au gout du jour par un chauffeur d'un des 2 groupes d'escadron du 18ème Chasseurs à cheval FFI en 1945 ?

the translation, as good as I can ;)

Hello,

In 1945, the 18th Chasseurs à cheval was reconstituted with FFI units with 2 squadron groups.
The 1st which fought in the pocket of Royan and the 2nd at the point of Graves with the Medoc Brigade.

The wheels on the collar tabs do not look like the mechanics patent described in the Official Uniform of 1937. The 1937 patent has many more teeth.
On the other hand we find these collar tabs in the grouping of the drivers of the liberation army (8 tooth wheel).

A 39/40  maybe a jacket up to date by a driver from one of the 2 squadron groups of the 18th FFI chasseurs a cheval in 1945?

FFI : force français de l'intérieur ( french force of the inside ), for the resitance

@+, hughes

• 2 weeks later...