Confirm this is correct variant for WW1 Gefreiter's Rank Button ?

dpast32

dpast32

Hello Gents,  I've found a few appropriate examples of what I'm looking for, & although all are basically similar, their prices fluctuate greatly. So far, I've found Bright color, Copper color, & lastly Grey, painted versions for sale. Sometimes it's difficult to verify if it's the correct type I need, due to the seller not stating the Buttons dimensions. [ I believe 25mm +/- is correct for the Gefreiter Rank ? ] I've included an obverse & reverse scan of the example I'm leaning towards, as it appears to be authentic & the price is fair. If anyone would please be so kind as to confirm that this particular Button would be suitable for my intended purposes, I will be very much appreciative. THANK YOU !!

Best,    Dom P. 

s-l1600 (95).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

Proud Kraut

The origin of the rank Gefreiter is the term "Befreit" (exempt). In this case longer-serving enlisted who were exempt from guard duties. As far as I know in WW I Fussartillerie was the only branch that used the rank Obergefreiter. The Gefreiter button had a diameter of 25 mm. Obergefreiter and Serganten wore a larger button with 29 mm diameter. Here´s a scan of an 1910 Gunner´s handbook/manual. What you have looks like a legit Prussian Gefreiter button.

Gefreiter.jpg

dpast32

THANKS Lars, I just wanted to be sure !!

Best,     Dom