Odds and ends private photos.

Jack the Collector

Jack the Collector

Over the last couple of weeks,I have gotten quite a few package from Europe and the US......as a side note,the Netherlands has been a real honey pot for stuff lately.These are just a few that I did not think IMHO did not warrant a thread for them alone.None have writing on the back.What appears the handing out of medal and or badge,The KM sailor's tally that is readable says Panzerschiff

IMG_20210907_0005.jpg

IMG_20210910_0002.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jack the Collector said:

Over the last couple of weeks,I have gotten quite a few package from Europe and the US......as a side note,the Netherlands has been a real honey pot for stuff lately.These are just a few that I did not think IMHO did not warrant a thread for them alone.None have writing on the back.What appears the handing out of medal and or badge,The KM sailor's tally that is readable says Panzerschiff

IMG_20210907_0005.jpg

There were only three of these Panzerschiffe - the Deutschland, the Admiral Scheer, and the Graf Spree. One the main gun turrets can be seen the background. It is difficult to ascertain whether its the aft gun station or forward however the spent casings standing upright on the deck could mean they performed a demonstration for these dignitaries. 

Pictured is SA-Obergruppenführer Dietrich v. Jagow. He served in the Imperial Navy on a submarine hence his wear of the Imperial submarine badge. He committed suicide in Merano on April 26, 1945.

Once again, wonderful images!

Fortunes Of War

I really enjoy these vintage images, Jack.  Thanks for posting.

Snake36bravo-Thanks for filling us in on some of the content.  I was always a sucker for the Graf Spee and followed the "resurrection" of its stern eagle from the bottom of the Montevideo Harbor.  (See link)

Jack the Collector

At first glance this is a generic HJ photo that we see all the time,then I noticed the insignia on the arm of the boy 3rd from the left....not sure,it doesn't look regulation.

IMG_20210225_0001.jpg

3 hours ago, Jack the Collector said:

Nice look at a Spanish Cross.....with a Reichspost lad.

IMG_20200913_0010.jpg

Looks like a "Legion Condor" cufftitle on the right sleeve of the Lw uniform as well.

Jack the Collector
2 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Looks like a "Legion Condor" cufftitle on the right sleeve of the Lw uniform as well.

I  agree,I always inspect my photos with a 20 x loupe.....but its blurred just enough I was not going to assume.Just as I am assuming that is a Spanish Cross in silver?

• 2 weeks later...