British SF, CTT Helmet as used by SF/CT Units

One I needed for the UK composite side of my collection that I received months ago that I just got a chance to drag out into the light and photograph.. British 2007/2008 SF, CTT as issued to British Special Forces/Security Forces and Counter Terrorism units..

These were a predecessor to the British Mk 7 / AC900 and share many similarities in construction the helmet body by all appearances seems to be the same with the exception of them being painted black as opposed to tan with a sand textured finish to the exterior of the helmet body..

The chinstrap/harness in this particular helmet has been retrofitted with an example from a Mk 7 helmet.. Which IMO opinion would be more comfortable and give a more stable fit than the simpler three-point system the SF, CTT was issued with it is not uncommon for soldiers to modifying there kit if they can get away with it...

If my information is correct these were produced and 1st issued out in 1999 and seen many years of service, I can find very little in the form of information in regards to these particular helmet systems, with the exception of they were constructed with multiple layers of Aramid fibres which offers a high level of ballistic protection against projectiles and shrapnel...

Regards Mark

P1110752.JPG

P1110755.JPG

P1110757.JPG

P1110759.JPG

P1110761.JPG

P1110763.JPG

P1110765.JPG

P1110767.JPG

P1110768.JPG

P1110770.JPG

P1110773.JPG