Some of my German uniforms

AverageJoeWWII

Very nice!

I particularly like your #8 tropical Summer weight Infantry Officer tunic.  What is the khaki colored cloth material?  

BTW, I removed your duplicate post for you.

AverageJoeWWII

Thanks Sarge ! Not sure what the material is. It's not HBT and lighter than gabardine. Also not as heavy as the Green DAK next to it.

Fortunes Of War

Hi.  Is that a railroad eagle in post #11 or was it mounted to something else?  I also liked your Mother's Cross display; quite appealing to the eye.  Finally, are your KC's wearer's copies or authentic examples?  Thanks again for posting; your collection is quite nice!

AverageJoeWWII

I have 2 railroad eagles. Both above the entrances to my office. The KC's are actually EKII's that have been field modified to look like a KC. Soldiers sometime's did this because they didn't want to take the chance on losing the KC.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• 1 year later...

Interesting collection, nicely displayed.  A few comments.

The Infantry Hauptmann, fully piped tunic, is wearing an Adjutant's aiguillette.  It should be held in position by a small button under the right shoulder board, near the shoulder seam.

The Infantry Hauptmann shown wearing a Schutzenschnur (marksmanship lanyard) - Officers did not wear marksmanship lanyards and the lanyard appears to be an East German one with a TR shield.