Seeking Translation For Nazi Era Weapons Permit

dpast32

IMG_7712.jpg.8fa7ed7a7a4640a83a24dd253cf1b10a.jpg

Hello Folks,  I've this particular item in my collection for quite a while now, & although I have an overall understanding of it's purpose, I would love to have a more detailed description / translation of the Document & it's owner. Also, may I wish everyone here a safe, festive, & very merry Christmas Season ! THANK YOU 

Best regards,  Dom P.  /  'dpast32'

NOTE:  Above scan may be enlarged if needed for better viewing. I apologize, but I couldn't locate the original item, therefore had to utilize this photocopy until I can dig up the actual Document. 

This is what I can read so far. S. lived in West Pomeranian, then Germany, today Poland. I´m sure I can decipher a little bit more if you´ll post the enlargement.

Frohe Weihnachten!

Waffenschein2.jpg

Hello Lars, How are you ? As always, I THANK YOU very much for your kind assistance here. I believe you can manually enlarge it yourself, simply by using your thumb & finger to 'open in up, width wise, so to speak' if you get my meaning. It works very well when I do it, hopefully it will work as well for you ? Please let me know, as if you can't get it larger, I'll dig for the original Certificate, as I'm sure it will be a bit clearer & easier to decipher. I was quite pleased to come across this item, as I haven't observed very many in my travels. THANKS, I'll wait to hear from you.

Dom

Good Morning Lars,  While I'm looking for the original Certificate, I'd like to confirm one particular point. Does it state the recipient was authorized to carry / possess a 'rifle' as you have stated, or could it also be construed to refer to an 'pistol', or simply 'weapon / weapons' ? The reason I ask is that I've always been under the assumption that it was a form of 'Concealed Firearms Permit', as authorization to possess an pistol while in uniform ? ( That's what I had been advised many times ago when I initially obtained it ?  ) Yes, it's an academic point, but I wished to be certain as to it's original intent. OK, today I'll try to dig out the actual document, & hopefully you'll be able to determine some additional details. THANKS AGAIN Lars, I always appreciate your very kind assistance. 

Best,     Dom P.  /  dpast32

OK Lars, Fortunately I located the original Certificate, & have provided 4x photographs for your viewing. Hopefully, you'll be able to discern a few additional details with these recent scans, but if you can't I fully understand & of course very much appreciate the information you've already provided ! Also, please see my above comments as to what type of weapon[s] are referred to ? OK, please see below;

Best regards,    Dom

IMG_7725.jpg.e392957953aae236bbd9868c52aefdc7.jpgIMG_7725.jpg.05641ab614582f2b3d2b9af727ec1670.jpgIMG_7724.jpg.26d0f3556cfeb2a52da8491620c93568.jpgIMG_7724.jpg.ecd0c348e60d27da2a33621f1b45e0e6.jpg

These are some very good pictures, Dom! So this is what I can read so far. He has the permission to carry a "Gewehr" = Rifle within his district. This includes the guarding of POW as far as I can decipher. Unfortunately I can´t decipher the red marked part. Hope this helps a bit.

Waffenschein3.jpg

THANK YOU Lars !! I'm sure we've determined the overall intent of the Document, which was apparently to authorize him to be armed, with a Rifle in the act of guarding POW's. ( I'm familiar with most of the era weapon terminology, & didn't note the word, 'Geweher', which of course is a rifle. ) What is somewhat uncommon is that he doesn't appear to be actual military personnel, & or Reserve Polizeimanner which is many times the case. It's much too early for him to be in the Volkssturm, so perhaps he was prior service, being utilized for required duties ? Interesting anyway. I used to collect German Polizei pistolen, well that is until they became so expensive I couldn't keep up ! Fortunetly, I still have most of them. While I have you online, may I wish you & yours a safe, festive & very merry Christmas Season !! Take care my Friend,

Best regards,  Dom

You´re welcome, Dom. I can only imagine that he got the permission to carry a weapon when guarding POW who where working as forced laborers at his farm because he was a farmer. But I´m only guessing here.

Merry Christams Season - Frohe Weihnachten

Lars