Big Hello From Ex-RN Serviceman

JonW

Dear All

Thanks for accepting me into the group, I am here to learn from other members, contribute, listen, discuss and be respectful. I love the period from the Napoleonic Wars through to the end of the 1st World War, with the interplay of politics. I was a Lt in the Royal Navy, when I made a stupid decision in the midst of a storm in the Irish sea as we were heading towards Plymouth. Ended up as a quadriplegic in less than a second or two but all of that was in the 1980's. My wife decided I wasn't going to fade away by just living off a RN Pension, so i had to start a business, do what you you can and what you get pleasure from. So I started doing a degree and then Masters in History of my favourite period, and this lead me to use the technology that was emerging (now part of every day life) to by from auctions and sell online, with the help of my care team. As technology has improved my business has also, increasing in size, mostly focussed on  military items pre-1920's. Love finding items I know little about and learning all I can, and I only buy things I want to live with (some of which I 'forget' to sell  but please don't tell my wife!). I just have a passion for history and a bias towards the RN of course but always looking to learn more from people that demand my respect and whom I can relate to.

Have a very good 2022 one and all and hoping we can all connect for the betterment of our knowledge and as a resource for future generations, as we must not forget those that gave there all and have gone before us in service of their Country (and many of the idiots that run our Countries).

Yours most sincerely

JonW (sorry about the waffle)

8 hours ago, SARGE said:

Welcome aboard Jon.

Sarge, Tony, many thanks for allowing me aboard, so where's that dreadful Pusser's kept for a Jack-Tars thirst? (Oh and a can of WD40 keep the salt out me wheelchair bearings).