SS Totenkopf Ring

Dominik

I bought this ring believing it to be original to WW2. I am aware it is not an Ehrenring, however, I was just curious if anybody could help me learn more about this particular ring?

20210615_185250~2.jpg

20210615_185240~2.jpg

20210615_185227~2.jpg

20210615_185215~2.jpg

I highly suggest if you want to invest in German TR, get some books and study very hard.  There are so many fakes that look real and deceptive sellers, it is not even worth going to the rare stuff.

pick something. Like iron crosses.

This is completely not my area, but speaking from knowing something about jewelry repros and costume pieces, I'd say that I would never expect to see an SS ring made of such cheap metal. Just a couple of flags form your pictures that seem to raise for me (and a knowledgable collector could probably confirm or deny these . . . just flags that would make me question if this piece was really from WWII) are the cheap non-silver pitted look of the surface of the metal, and the way the balck is in the deep parts fo the design. Also . . . the engraving inside doesn't look old. Just thoughts from looking at the pics, and flags that would make me ask about this if I were going to look at collecting this item.

7 hours ago, Skysoldier80 said:

I highly suggest if you want to invest in German TR, get some books and study very hard.  There are so many fakes that look real and deceptive sellers, it is not even worth going to the rare stuff.

pick something. Like iron crosses.

While I don't do German items at all, I know many collectors who do and some who have been very serious about it. This is a very hard market and you really do have to study and study and even then you get burnt. So, it would be a good thing to really start researching in. Again, not my area, I just know a lot who have collected TR German items and it can be very deep!

This ring looks similar to the rings that were sold in the old Delta International Catalogs and the WW2 Limited Catalogs in the 70's.

Poor reproduction and I will agree with what has been said regarding collecting TR militaria. Purchasing reference books and studying original examples of what you intend on collecting are some of the best ways to ensure you are not spending money on post war produced pieces.

Original SS Honor Rings will be no less than $7,000 to $10,000.

Best regards,

Leigh