Some WWII Period RCAF Insignia

Scarecrow

Just thought I'd pop in a photo here to show some of my modest RCAF insignia collection. Just hope to show some different variations of pilot brevets and some SSI, certainly not intended as comprehensive.  Thanks for looking.

IMG_0267.jpg.cb1d637e61e79227fad46381986fc484.jpg

One of the reasons that I don't post a whole lot is that it takes a bit of work to write what I consider to be an interesting thread only to see little to no response. With this in mind, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your WWII period RCAF insignia. If you wouldn't mind, I would LOVE to see some larger and better detailed shots of your mini pilot brevet and your 4th AGS cap badge.

Maybe I should get off my dead rump and post some stuff.

Allan

13 hours ago, Allan H. said:

One of the reasons that I don't post a whole lot is that it takes a bit of work to write what I consider to be an interesting thread only to see little to no response. With this in mind, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your WWII period RCAF insignia. If you wouldn't mind, I would LOVE to see some larger and better detailed shots of your mini pilot brevet and your 4th AGS cap badge.

Maybe I should get off my dead rump and post some stuff.

Allan

Hi Allan,

Thanks for responding, much appreciated.  Here are some close up photos of the AOS service cap badge (which this one was apparently pasted in a scrap book) and the RCAF mini-brevet.  I'm probably telling you something you already know but the AOS is for and Air Observer School, it was part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP) with schools throughout Canada.  AOS 4 was in London Ontario.  It was a school to train Navigators.  The mini brevet was authorized for those to wear if they served in the RCAF before transferring to their own countries air force.  Primarily this was for American airman and authorized and could be worn over their left breast pockets on their service coat/jacket.  Thanks again,

Paul

IMG_0268.jpg.eefd2ce2b91a4aadd97ae7f70ccefe22.jpgIMG_0269.jpg.0eee9db81d3638e6c7a3e366fe6e477a.jpgIMG_0270.jpg.7751f2c665336419387ae14299258263.jpgIMG_0271.jpg.a8af7dcd8f2acfc276a45d231dd0d6ab.jpg

Paul,

Thank you for posting the additional photos. I really like the AOS cap badge. I have no idea why I would have typed "AGS" previously? I know there are a fair number of collectors that specialize in collecting insignia of the BCATP, probably because it is such a challenge to find good pieces and you can never expect to find it all.

The mini brevet is a great example. They are getting harder and harder to find these days. It is always fun to see quality insignia!

Allan

Thanks Allan!

I made my own little goof above.  I said the mini brevet was worn over the "left" breast pocket, mean't to say "right".