Small British Airborne / Commando grouping

Adrian6256

Good afternoon, 

I picked up this small grouping from an antique store in a small west Texas town. From my research I see these three items were used by British Parachutist, and Commandos. Included is a British airborne toggle rope, A British camo Net scarf, and the Parachutist Knee Pads. I just wanted to share my find. The knee pads are dated 1943. 

Adrian 

Knee pads are rare, if used were usually discarded(thrown away) after a parachute landing, toggle rope,always carried and used as needed then always recovered to use again. Camo scarf so many uses, kept for as long as you can use it, then relegate to scrim for the helmet. Gotta love commando equipment.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, Brian Keith said:

Cool Finds! The scarf and rope are classic! I've never see the knee pads, great finds!

BKW

Thank you, 

I would never have guessed I would find these things in a small Texas town. I have to wonder Where these came from. 

Adrian 

On 2/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, ScottG said:

Very nice, I had the rope and scarf at one time as well, but never the knee pads. Great find, thanks for sharing!    Scott

Thanks, The Knee pads look like they were never even worn, very minty and still tied together. Maybe thats why they survived. 

Adrian

On 2/5/2022 at 3:45 AM, Kia kaha said:

Knee pads are rare, if used were usually discarded(thrown away) after a parachute landing, toggle rope,always carried and used as needed then always recovered to use again. Camo scarf so many uses, kept for as long as you can use it, then relegate to scrim for the helmet. Gotta love commando equipment.

Would you happen t know if these items were also used by the OSS? I've seen some pictures with OSS searing scarves that look like nets, but I cant tell for sure.

Adrian 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:13 AM, Adrian6256 said:

Would you happen t know if these items were also used by the OSS? I've seen some pictures with OSS searing scarves that look like nets, but I cant tell for sure.

Adrian 

I believe they were, but only if the mission was in uniform and trained/para dropped by the British.