West German 1960’s Cold War propaganda?

Digi-Shots

I am fairly sure this clockwork was used in the early 1960’s to disperse propaganda leaflets over East Germany.  Balloons were floated, with the clock and propaganda leaflets attached underneath.  The hands of the clock were preset to determine when the leaflets would be dropped.  Leaflets were bundled under the clock and attached with what looks like a lever or arm that moved with the hands of the clock.

Has anyone seen one of these?  I was told that there was one on exhibit In a clock museum in Germany but I have not been able to find the museum or any more information.

I am also looking for a few photos and propaganda leaflets to display with this clock.

Danke, and thanks for looking.

79F0A70C-9B24-48BF-BF99-D7BF83C1C1C6.jpeg

38D3BB13-7912-476D-ABD8-3B651FFCDF45.jpeg

75E095E8-248E-4694-9F6D-0508DE9EF9EB.jpeg

Proud Kraut

This is interesting. I haven´t seen such a clock before but will try to find out more. Any markings on the clock or it´s box?

No markings on box or clock.   I was told it might have been made by Hauser Brothers Company in Weigheim and that some of the clocks were now in a Watch Industry Museum.  I emailed two of the largest watch museums in Germany but they had no information.

I did find the same clock on a website called psywarrior.com  (see photo of screen shot).

I have searched and searched and can’t seem to find any other info on it.  You would think there would be some photos or records of its use.

D7A12936-0F25-4C94-AA2A-A20E319AD8FE.jpeg

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately I wasn´t able to find out more about this clock until now.

(( off topic: "Neunundneunzig Luftballons" (99 Red Balloons) was a very popular song from the German band Nena in the mid 1980´s. ))

Thanks for the reply!

I can translate balloons but that’s about it…

Can some translate this, please

Danke schon

Thanks… yes I’m very familiar with the song, both English and German versions from quite a few years ago.

While searching this clock online, its interesting that I came across the so g by Nena.

• 1 month later...