Help with vet bring back rising sun flag

knd643

Contemplating picking up this rising sun flag that a vet sent back during the war and was wondering if I could get your guys opinion on it. The veteran who sent it back is Carl G. Sanders who was a field cook in G Co. 2nd Battalion 9th Marines 3rd Marine Division. He sent it back in a bamboo tube in 1943 to his family in Greenfield, Indiana. The bamboo tube has naval censors stamp on it and various other markings. The flag itself looks to be the Naval variant but was wondering if I could get your guys opinions on whether you think it was made for the military for military use or is a civilian made flag(which several soldiers carried civilian made flags). Flag itself doesn't look to have any markings on it and the seller said it measures approximately 33.5in x 55.5in.  Thank you.  NOTE: some of the pics look to be copies of the same pics(mainly the corner shots) but they're actually pics of both the front and back of the flag in the same area. Don't know why some of the pics are upside down. They're right side up on my pc in my folders.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.png

Fortunes Of War

Agree with Jareth.  The bring-back package is what really makes this flag.  Thanks for sharing.......