Seeking Translation of Kriegsmarine 'Buddies' Photograph

dpast32

Hello Gents,  I recently obtained this interesting little Photograph from Bosnia - Hertzogovenia, & would just love to know what's written on the reverse ? In addition to the included men's names, it appears as if there's a date, & perhaps even an location mentioned as to where & when it was taken ? If anyone would please be so kind as to translate  this for me, I will be extremely appreciative. Note that I decided to include 3 views of both the Obverse & Reverse, so as to make sure at least one set is adequately legible. THANK YOU !

Best regards,   Dom P.  /  'dpast32'

IMG_0968.jpg.2fc37b4fe37471d4bf7ac283a63c9afe.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg.a4865713b6af9f17dbf46d715fe6dc8c.jpgIMG_0973.jpg.33d75c396ee758be683a2cb48702c303.jpgIMG_0974.jpg.774aa97cc64730b687e7401a110475b2.jpgIMG_0976.jpg.e83efee4d50eed5dde2d205d6219656c.jpgIMG_0980.jpg.96881fe3267320bf674bba9e692e4303.jpg

Proud Kraut

...  ... Pfingsten (...   ...  Pentecost)

1943;

v.l.n.r. (von links nach rechts - from left to right)

Willi ...

Ernst ...

Heinz ...

Please post a larger picture of the first two words.

THANKS for everything so IMG_0968.jpg.c2bd82135ddad74476075cede34ca2af.jpgfar, it's much appreciated. I'll try to load the next one on 'large format', & hopefully that will make a difference ?

Best,   Dom P.

Proud Kraut

The first two words are very blurry so in this case I´m only guessing: The letters I can decipher come close to "Den Helder", a Northern Netherland town with a Navy base. During German occupation it was used by the Kriegsmarine as well. As I said, only a guess

THANK YOU Lars, very much !! As usual, I can always count on you to come to my assistance ! I apologize for the sizing issues, but the photo itself is quite small, & the fist line of the inscription is indeed somewhat blurry. I mine able to do a little better, so will give it a try, probably tomorrow though. You take care my Friend, & THANKS AGAIN !!

Best,    Dom

Hello Lars, My Friend ! As usual, you so very kindly came to my rescue, & provided exactly what I needed. Also, I believe that you did locate the actual location of where this photo was taken. Although we'll never be 100% certain due to the text clarity issue, I personally am pretty well convinced that your suggestion is right on the mark ! Too bad of course is the fact that we don't know their last / Surnames, yet that's so often the case with Wartime 'Buddies' photographs. I guess I'll probably display it alongside my E.K. II Display, which was awarded to an E-Boat Crewman & is dated just a week after D-Day, 06 June 1944. Even though this photo is in no way related to the E-Boat Crewman, hopefully it might add some color to the Display. THANKS AGAIN Lars, I truly appreciate your very kind assistance !!

Best,     Dom P.

Proud Kraut

You´re welcome Dom. I enlarged your picture as much as possible and gave it a second try.

I´m sorry but still can´t decipher the first surname (first letter is "H"). Second surname could be "Hochleitner". And I´m pretty sure that the third surname is "Schlüter".

Hope this helps.

No problem my Friend, it was just for my personal interest anyway. I always try to determine whatever I can about a particular photo provided it includes BA notation to begin with. So very many men never returned from their service days, & now, even those who did manage to get home are now also gone. It's scary sometimes to think that the little photo you're holding is all that remains of someone's ever being here, other than his Grave of course, if he even had one ? Take care Buddy, & THANKS AGAIN !

Best regards,     Dom?

Jack the Collector
51 minutes ago, dpast32 said:

It's scary sometimes to think that the little photo you're holding is all that remains of someone's ever being here

That Sir is very profound,I have often thought the same when looking at photos.You though said it in a more eloquent manner than I.

THANK YOU My Friend, I appreciate your comments. I've been collecting & researching for many years now, & yet it never, Evo ceases to amaze, & I should add disgust me when I come across a simple 'baggie' full of Medals, which upon a little research, turn out to an Fatal Casualty, & or some poor Serviceman who was forever maimed at an very age, all thrown together for sale !! Items such as these belong to be remembered, & suitably cherished for the sacrifices they represent. At least that's my take on it ! 

Best,     Dom P.

Best,   Dom P.