Some Insignia

Milihfra

As promised, here is another small collection of East German insignia. While this picture is not up to date as far as my collection goes, these are probably some of my favorite pieces despite them being common. The Wachregiment "Feliks E. Dzierzynski" cuff-title in particular is my prize piece for now as I find the unit to be very interesting.

2C315367-38B0-42B1-8278-B0739595D2AA.jpeg

Nice insignia.  It looks like your Paratrooper collar tabs are uniform removed.

Here is an example of the Wach-Rgt.F.Dzierzynski NCO uniform with your sleeveband.  

Please tell us more about this unit.

DDR Wacht Rgt NCO tunic.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt open collar.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt colosed collar.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt left cuff.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt NCO shoulder board.JPG

On 5/27/2022 at 10:50 AM, SARGE said:

Nice insignia.  It looks like your Paratrooper collar tabs are uniform removed.

Here is an example of the Wach-Rgt.F.Dzierzynski NCO uniform with your sleeveband.  

Please tell us more about this unit.

DDR Wacht Rgt NCO tunic.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt open collar.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt colosed collar.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt left cuff.JPG

DDR Wacht Rgt NCO shoulder board.JPG

Yes, the collar tabs are uniform removed or atleast appear to be.

That is a very nice uniform is it yours? The Felix Dzerzhinsky Guards Regiment was the para-military wing of the infamous Stasi, the East German Secret Police. While they were armed and equipped similar to that of other NVA units they were specifically designated as ideologically soldiers who could crush rebellion if need be. If I recall correctly, certain elements were used in the uprising of 1953. Besides that they were also prepared to perform commando style operations if need be. The namesake of this unit, Felix Dzerzhinsky, was the founder and director of the Cheka, the first Soviet Secret police organization following the revolution.

Sorry for the delay in response but I hope you all find it as interesting as I do.

Thanks for the excellent rundown on this Stasi unit.  I find them interesting too as I am interested in Police units in general.

This is one of my uniforms and note that it has a five button front closure.  It could be worn as either a closed collar tunic or an open collar tunic.  That uniform flexibility indicated militarized police units such as the Stasi or Barracked Volkspolizei.