Real or fake German helmet

Shreck

Go to solution Solved by Gwar,

Found this helmet and thought this was original and the guy said it was original, but after some research and other things turning out fake, I just don’t know anymore so if anyone can identify if this helmet is real or fake it will be appreciated. The decals also look a little bit off. Thanks. 

9B316BF8-15D9-43A6-80E1-74B7EA85D186.jpeg

15A20BF7-3391-4358-B9D4-931F75120E10.jpeg

404BDC25-FE40-4D24-9E23-82001A86EBB0.jpeg

674EF6FF-C2E6-4F76-961D-BDDC519A40F2.jpeg

CDAD6E3B-AA40-463B-83F0-35B81AEC2A6C.jpeg

56B2AF2F-B069-4F97-9DEF-B03225FA2F8E.jpeg

5ACAE06E-2E81-4C03-8F7F-A7371A758FF1.jpeg

• Solution

The decals are a disgrace, the liner rivets are huge, wouldn't be surprised if it's a Chinese copy or re-issue, what exactly are you looking for ?? Some advice, pick a branch of service you like, (the S.S. is a no go at this point), study and read threads on those subjects until you are comfortable with making semi reasonable determinations based on originals, if you are collecting or buying on impulse, you are bound to be burned, G

Preppy Picker

Is it a Spanish helmet with a WW2 liner? If you can start going to some shows and examining helmets and talking to people you might find someone who will share their collection and knowledge with you. I learned a ton from looking at other peoples collections.

3 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

Is it a Spanish helmet with a WW2 liner? If you can start going to some shows and examining helmets and talking to people you might find someone who will share their collection and knowledge with you. I learned a ton from looking at other peoples collections.

No it’s not a Spanish helmet, I have a Spanish helmet and it is much different then this one.

I think this is a real post war West German border guard helmet- with the mosquito bite vents and domey rivits  that has been diddled up to look like a WW2 example.

• 5 weeks later...