203 mm Self-Propelled Gun 2S7 ´PION´

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

It´s high time to start a new modeling project. Subject is the ongoing war in Europe and, one more time, Artillery. I have chosen the 1/35 scale Trumpeter kit of the former Soviet 203 mm SP-Gun 2S7, called PION (peony). This extraordinary artillery system was developed in the 1970´s and distributed to several nations. It´s still in use, in the Russia-Ukraine war on both sides. I will build the Ukrainian variant. The 2S7 kit consists of more than 1000 parts, it´s gonna be a long time project. To build the crew of 7 I ordered two sets of MasterBox Ukrainian soldiers in addition. Some pictures of the boxart and the sprues.

2s7-01.jpg

2s7-02.jpg

2s7-03.jpg

ArtyScout

I see you have MasterBox's kits. I just received an email from MegaHobby with that kit in its listings. They should be very good figures. MB always makes some very good figures that you can change around if you want to.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

That´s right, the detail is excellent. Here´s a picture of the figure kit sprue.

2s7-04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Proud Kraut

Very very slow progress. I´m still working on the chassis and the tracks (each consisits of 186 parts).

2s7-06.jpg

Proud Kraut

Thanks guys!

Tracks completed. I glued the tracks on the wheels but the wheels not on the hull so I can remove them for painting.

2s7-07.jpg

2s7-08.jpg