General's Tailor Made M44 Jacket

patches

Great to see this tunic in a period photograph.  It never would be believed if found at a militaria show.

• 1 year later...
patches

One Major General Hans Kissel wears a custom made M44, Kissel's we see has Scalloped Pocket Flaps with Pleated Pockets with a Field Grey Collar, unlike Benicke who has a Bottle Green one. When this 1945 photo was taken, Kissel,  he was Chief of the Command Staff of the Volkssturm in Berlin, which apparently was under the SS Hauptamt, SS man Gottlob Berger was the Chief of Staff it seems. We gather Kissel was captured by the Reds in Berlin, apparently catching a break, apparently gets let go in 1947

i.jpg

Preppy Picker
12 hours ago, patches said:

One Major General Hans Kissel wears a custom made M44, Kissel's we see has Scalloped Pocket Flaps with Pleated Pockets with a Field Grey Collar, unlike Benicke who has a Bottle Green one. When this 1945 photo was taken, Kissel,  he was Chief of the Command Staff of the Volkssturm in Berlin, which apparently was under the SS Hauptamt, SS man Gottlob Berger was the Chief of Staff it seems. We gather Kissel was captured by the Reds in Berlin, apparently catching a break, apparently gets let go in 1947

i.jpg

The general looks good!

I would love to have captured one of those.

• 1 month later...
patches

Gerhard von Schwerin as a General of Panzer Troops wearing his Tailor Made M44, Italy 1945, he was at this time Commander 76th Panzer Corps.

von.PNGvonm.PNG.276cc58caab043381337eb12a2b9ad08.PNG