WW2 Japanese Army helmet

Preppy Picker

Airborne-Hunter

This is a wonderful example of a type 90. The tar looking material on yours is similar to some that is one on of mine. I am not sure what it is from, but my has some heat marks so I always assumed rightfully or wrongfully napalm/ from a flame thrower. Your leather is rough, but I actually as very fond of the look. Be careful of that leather and no display heads. I usually put a poly fill in an inert plastic bag to support the pads. Best ABN

Preppy Picker
11 minutes ago, Airborne-Hunter said:

This is a wonderful example of a type 90. The tar looking material on yours is similar to some that is one on of mine. I am not sure what it is from, but my has some heat marks so I always assumed rightfully or wrongfully napalm/ from a flame thrower. Your leather is rough, but I actually as very fond of the look. Be careful of that leather and no display heads. I usually put a poly fill in an inert plastic bag to support the pads. Best ABN

Thank you for your comment. I think at one time a mouse made its home in this helmet. Right now it sits on a shelf with a balled up plastic bag inside to support the liner.