New guy, checking aboard!

gunnerde

Hello, everyone!

I'm a long-time visitor, but first-time poster. 

A little bit about me: I'm a 13-year US Navy vet (medically retired IT1, for those of you who speak Navy), rotating between various ship and shore billets during the mid-to-late War on Terror era. Now that I'm back in civilian life, I'm working at my local museum as the unofficial "military and gun guy" in addition to my official duties. (This forum and the World Militaria Forum have helped a lot with this, so thanks!)

I don't claim to be an expert on anything, but I do know a little bit about a lot of different subjects. I look forward to asking y'all a lot of questions (some of which are hopefully good), maybe answering some questions if I can, and otherwise engaging in some good conversation!

Cheers!

14 hours ago, gunnerde said:

Hello, everyone!

I'm a long-time visitor, but first-time poster. 

A little bit about me: I'm a 13-year US Navy vet (medically retired IT1, for those of you who speak Navy), rotating between various ship and shore billets during the mid-to-late War on Terror era. Now that I'm back in civilian life, I'm working at my local museum as the unofficial "military and gun guy" in addition to my official duties. (This forum and the World Militaria Forum have helped a lot with this, so thanks!)

I don't claim to be an expert on anything, but I do know a little bit about a lot of different subjects. I look forward to asking y'all a lot of questions (some of which are hopefully good), maybe answering some questions if I can, and otherwise engaging in some good conversation!

Cheers!

Welcome gunnerde. 

No need to be an expert just an enquiring mind and the ability to research is often enough to help members and solve questions.

Look forward to chatting in the future,

Gunner

Welcome to WMF! So glad you've found the two forums a help so far, and good conversation is the purpose for this forum. Sounds wonderful! Ask as many questions as you'd like, and hopefully members here will be able to answer -- or help you find the answer. :) Glad you've joined!