Polish 10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade On Parade 1938

patches

At first when this photo came up on a Redirect I thought at first couple of glances that these troops were Hungarians, put when I clicked on it seen that they are Polish,10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade May 1938 Rzeszów, Rzeszów being in Southeastern Poland, and we do know that some units wore the German M16 Helmets, making for three types of helmets seen in their Army, this, the German ones, the French  M16 Adrian, and their own designed helmet the wz. 31.  The Colors there may be of the two cavaly units of the Brigade, the 10th Mounted Rifle Regiment and the 24th  Lancer Regiment.

10th polish.PNG

4 hours ago, patches said:

At first when this photo came up on a Redirect I thought at first couple of glances that these troops were Hungarians, put when I clicked on it seen that they are Polish,10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade May 1938 Rzeszów, Rzeszów being in Southeastern Poland, and we do know that some units wore the German M16 Helmets, making for three types of helmets seen in their Army, this, the German ones, the French  M16 Adrian, and their own designed helmet the wz. 31.  The Colors there may be of the two cavaly units of the Brigade, the 10th Mounted Rifle Regiment and the 24th  Lancer Regiment.

10th polish.PNG

Absolutely fascinating. Thank you for sharing patches, and after reading the post I looked up the 10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade and found a few more images.

B8BA6F37-928F-494A-BC64-AD6EBAD69F2D.jpeg

503C0B69-1BBB-42BC-A530-61016DB802F3.jpeg

1DC54BE3-EC88-43C1-B9B4-FF696F53B298.jpeg

• 4 months later...

The unit in action against the Germans in September 39, and wearing the Leather Overcoats we see, a crew of a Bofors 37 mm Anti Tank Gun of the Brigade's Anti Tank Company. The Germans incidentally gave the unit the Nickname Die Schwarze Brigade because of their Black Leather Overcoats.

10th.PNG

Hey found this one, current 10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade reenactors in Poland, the motorcycle curiously has its sidecar attached to the other side, the left side. What would this model be?, doesn't look like the Sokół 1000 nor the sidecar for it.

n.jpg