Double Sided NSDAP Flag w/ Rope? Is it authentic or Repo?

CryoMark12

Go to solution Solved by Rakkasan187,

Preppy Picker

Hard to tell from those pictures. They get fuzzy fast when you enlarge them. Close up of the stitching on the white circle and close up of the edge of the red panel would help.

Rakkasan187

Still cannot see the stich pattern of the roundel.

I remain skeptical about this being period authentic. More close up images needed to see the stitch work and the header edge.

Leigh 

Rakkasan187

Stitch pattern around the roundel is consistent with Third Reich period manufacturing, however as PP has pointed out better images of the header side as well as the rope are needed. I have seen many period flags with current clothesline rope threaded through the header which for me are a red flag.

Still on the fence with this example.

Leigh 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:35 AM, Rakkasan187 said:

Stitch pattern around the roundel is consistent with Third Reich period manufacturing, however as PP has pointed out better images of the header side as well as the rope are needed. I have seen many period flags with current clothesline rope threaded through the header which for me are a red flag.

Still on the fence with this example.

Leigh 

Here are a few more pics. 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.07.45.png

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.07.52.png

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.07.24.png

• Solution
Rakkasan187

After seeing the images again, and the newer ones posted of the header and the reinforcement tabs on the ends I would have no issues adding this one to my collection.

Leigh 

15 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:

After seeing the images again, and the newer ones posted of the header and the reinforcement tabs on the ends I would have no issues adding this one to my collection.

Leigh 

Thank you very much.