WW2 Australian Cap Badge

Husky43

Can anyone help me identify this cap badge? This side cap has Australian buttons on it, but I don't know what unit is indicated by this cap badge. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

2 hours ago, Husky43 said:

Can anyone help me identify this cap badge? This side cap has Australian buttons on it, but I don't know what unit is indicated by this cap badge. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

Hi Husky.

I think it maybe a 'King's Colonial Squadron Cap Badge'. - 'C' Squadron was Australasian, (Australian & New Zealanders) whose badge was a kangaroo and tree fern set against a rising sun.

The difference being the other three squadrons were 

A. Squadron - British Asians, (mostly Indian) whose Squadron badge depicted a large Elephant.

B. Squadron - British Americans (actually Canadians) whose Squadron badge showed a beaver chewing a branch set against a maple leaf.

D. Squadron - British African, (South African & Rhodesian) who wore as a Squadron badge, an Ostrich set against a rising sun.

The King’s Colonials (KC) were a unique yeomanry Regiment in the British Army in the opening years of the 20th century. Although formed in the final stages of the Boer War, the Regiment itself did not see service there although a number of its individual members did. The King's Colonials were comprised of Colonial volunteers resident in Britain initially from those living in London but in time extending to Cambridge, Oxford and Liverpool. A combination of colourful characters, rich and flamboyant uniforms, iconic badges proudly reflecting Dominion heritages and Royal patronage ensured that the King’s Colonials became a much talked about Regiment. The King’s Colonials bore a number of distinctions and among them that they were the only Colonial unit administered from Whitehall.

This I found on Facebook.

Gunner ...