Cigarette card

Aoder99

Go to solution Solved by Rakkasan187,

Here’s a Adolf Hitler cigarette card. WW2 German Cigarette cards are not really worth a whole lot. I purchased this one for 15.00 plus 4.99 shipping. This is from the original brown paper envelopes. The seller has 22 years experience with vintage photos postcards and related. Note: These are pictures of the picture I haven’t gotten it yet.

6A3989D2-9F88-4B92-93D8-F61639D08FFA.jpeg

7C4E9ABB-5736-4071-8207-C2E8669DD4E7.jpeg

Rakkasan187

You should be able to locate the cigarette card album that this image belongs to. I believe this one goes in the ADOLF HITLER book. There were numerous books made, ADOLF HITLER, as well as Summer and Winter Olympic Books, The German Army, Germany Awake, Der Welt Krieg, and several others..

I have several of them which are complete as well as many of the loose cards. 

Leigh 

Yes it goes in the adolf hitler book. The seller has has them from the original brown paper envelopes still with their original packaging even. 

1 hour ago, Rakkasan187 said:

You should be able to locate the cigarette card album that this image belongs to. I believe this one goes in the ADOLF HITLER book. There were numerous books made, ADOLF HITLER, as well as Summer and Winter Olympic Books, The German Army, Germany Awake, Der Welt Krieg, and several others..

Leigh 

Thank you :) 

Leigh 

Thank you :)  I believe it probably does I do not own the book 

3 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:
35 minutes ago, Rakkasan187 said:

When I have some time I will pull my copy and see to verify

Leigh 

Thank you :) 

If it’s not in the adolf hitler one it’s probably in the other ones if you have them.

48 minutes ago, Rakkasan187 said:

When I have some time I will pull my copy and see to verify

Leigh 

The seller again has them from the original brown sleeves. The seller has 100% feedback and allows returns so that’s a good sign. 

• Solution
Rakkasan187

These are not usually reproduced due to the large quantity that were produced during the war,,, HOWEVER, there have been some known to have been copied due to the image content,, (Large Gathering of VIPs for example in one shot (Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebbels, etc.) Some of these cigarette cards were copied. I know of some that were in the Olympic Books that were copies (Jesse Owens for example) You have to examine the paper carefully to see if it is in fact period paper.

Word of Caution: The fact that they are in brown sleeves does not necessarily guarantee authenticity to the TR period, but you mentioned that the seller allows for returns so that is a good sign, but if you could, please post an example of the brown sleeve so we can see them. 

Leigh 

5 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:

These are not usually reproduced due to the large quantity that were produced during the war,,, HOWEVER, there have been some known to have been copied due to the image content,, (Large Gathering of VIPs for example in one shot (Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebbels, etc.) Some of these cigarette cards were copied. I know of some that were in the Olympic Books that were copies (Jesse Owens for example) You have to examine the paper carefully to see if it is in fact period paper.

Word of Caution: The fact that they are in brown sleeves does not necessarily guarantee authenticity to the TR period, but you mentioned that the seller allows for returns so that is a good sign, but if you could, please post an example of the brown sleeve so we can see them. 

Leigh 

In the description on the item He said he has 22 years experience with German photos and paper items. He also said that all of his items are guaranteed so I think that is a good sign as well and also that he allows free returns. The sellers eBay name is lrsu31c. Best regards. 

Rakkasan187

The important thing is that if you like them and you enjoy them, keep collecting them.. They are interesting and the images show some good information with uniforms, flags, etc. They can unlock many mysteries for those searching. 

All the best

Leigh 

The important thing is that if you like them and you enjoy them, keep collecting them.. They are interesting and the images show some good information with uniforms, flags, etc. They can unlock many mysteries for those searching. 

All the best

Leigh 

When I get it I will take pictures of it for you to see with a more detailed look :)

Mine is a little glossy under lighting is that the way it was made?  Here’s another photo with the lighting

42616FF0-732B-412A-8CFA-4598F2D6F620.jpeg

Rakkasan187

The front of the images was "shiny" as would be the case for photographs, even those printed on very thin paper as were the cigarette cards in order for them to be pasted into the books, otherwise thicker photographic paper would have been too thick for the book. 

Leigh