Confusing 1943 jacket

skinsfan

Hello,thought I had this id'd as a British recon jacket thanks to another member but I just found an Australian prperty mark...any ideas here please

2 hours ago, skinsfan said:

Hello,thought I had this id'd as a British recon jacket thanks to another member but I just found an Australian prperty mark...any ideas here please

Check this link out. It appear 'Hart & Levy Ltd' made the 1940 Pattern Battle Dress Blouse for the War Office. It has a stamp which appears similar to yours.

As such, I wonder if the blouse you are enquiring after is Australian made for British Army.

https://www.militariazone.com/ww2-jackets-coats/original-1942-dated-british-army-1940-pattern-battledress-blouse---9/itm39228

I think the chances of an original first aid pack being in the blouse is remote. Possible the owner or previous seller knew the item was Australian or believed it was worn by an Australian soldier and added the pack...... my opinion and just a suggestion only of course. 

Gunner...

ok,makes sense to me...I thought the property stamps were usually put on say,British make and sent to Australia,Canada etc...I am learning a little more each day

36 minutes ago, skinsfan said:

ok,makes sense to me...I thought the property stamps were usually put on say,British make and sent to Australia,Canada etc...I am learning a little more each day

I have just been reading about 'Hart & Levy Ltd' and they were actually a British firm, based in Nuneaton, not Australian. The mark on your jacket appears to be similar to the one attached stamped on the example via the link which is the War Department Acceptance Stamp surmounted by the letter 'O' for 1942 where as yours is 'O' for 1943. . 

Unless there is another mark I think the jacket is British made for the British Reconnaissance Corps.....

71BC69A7-E257-4A52-A645-437ABD452E43_4_5005_c.jpeg

49FFE137-7827-4663-94D2-641BA3F66084_4_5005_c.jpeg