Can Anyone id this patches?

Dammen026

Gear Fanatic

Could they be Russian special forces or KGB related? I don’t really know much about Russian stuff in general, just my 2 cents.

So I will be piggy backing off of what others have said.  Russian spetsnaz are GRU linked.  The bat is 'unofficial GRU' insignia and is often incorporated into a patch.  Your St. George ribbon was/is worn from the illegal, immoral, criminal and terroristic invasion of Ukraine.  It is a long story, but I have pieces of this ribbon on a shot down Russian helicopter helmet.  I sold a wagner/VDV boonie hat this the ribbon going around it about a year ago that was captured off the battlefield.

Though you do not have one here, the 'Z' patch you see on Russians is clever propaganda by Putin (International war criminal and terrorist - and yes, Clown).  It stumped me at first during the invasion, but Putin in the last few years has been rebranding Stalinist images and propaganda.  They (Putin the Clown) have been running ads of bloodied children in WWII soviet uniforms to help 'normalize' the idea of dead children and to 'sacrifice everything' to the so-called motherland.  So, the 'Z' is a symbol of two "7"S upside-down and connected to each other.  Representing the '77'th anniversary of the end of WWII and the 3rd reich.  very clever from Putin The Clown.  So if you see one of these you will know what it means.

Your long patch in Crylic basically says, 'russian military forces', it is a generic patch commonly seen.  The other is a blood type patch. 'Team special' seems to be just a generic 'morale' type patch but I do not know for sure.  'Morale' patches really caught on which are derived from the copious US Global War on Terror 'morale' patches.  I have a slew of them, and I have designed about a dozen.  In fact, one company ripped off my exact design and are currently selling it.  They even charged me to make my own design, then had the gall to steal my design (sigh). Anyways I digress.  If you got these from the same source, I would hazard to guess they come out of Ukraine based on the St. George ribbon.  I hope this helps. 

Gentlemen,

Let's keep the discussion civil and not interject politics (any political discussion) into what we say.  I will not lock this thread but I think we have answered the question on one or two of these insignia.  We are interested in various forms of militaria and should not comment on who is right or wrong in our opinions when discussing those material culture objects.  

Thanks for your understanding and bear in mind our "Mission Statement" that is posted at the beginning of this section.

"The items that are shown on this Forum are presented as historical objects. Their display here is not an endorsement or promotion of the ideology or historic events that they represent".