Small Display for Local Military History Group

Nkomo

My dad and I were asked to do a talk and display for our local military history roundtable,  I did a a display of uniforms and gear from the Global War on Terror....specifically Afghan and Iraqi items.  

Dis1.jpg

Iraqi 36 Commandos uniform with soft armor

Dis2.jpg

Dis3.jpg

Dis4.jpg

6 color of the Free Iraqi Forces with PASGT armor.

Dis5.jpg

Dis6.jpg

Afghan National Directorate of Security brown woodland uniform with patches and black plate carrier.  Interestingly enough, the soldier has sewn a large piece of fabric to the back portion of the front.  This was done so a hard plate could be inserted.

Dis7.jpg

Dis8.jpg

Afghan tiger stripe uniform used specifically by the Afghan Local Police Paktika Special Police led by Colonel Azizullah Parwan (Col Aziz).

Dis9.jpg

Dis10.jpg

351118666_266712899210823_389683010204482978_n.jpg

Theater made green MARPAT used by the very early Afghan Security Forces and supplied by the USSF/CIA.

Dis11.jpg

351465176_3676141252622684_6013209165343688698_n.jpg

Really like the NDS ERDL camo with the vest.

I've seen some online, but almost all are gone now. Hard to find unless one doesn't mind repros.

On 8/13/2023 at 1:33 AM, Nkomo said:

Thanks for your comment.  The NDS stuff has indeed dried up, but was never much to begin with though,

Yep, 'Tis a shame. I don't mind having the Platatac stuff anyway.

I know a group of airsofters in HK that are doing clones of it. But that's it. Just clones.

1 hour ago, Ominae said:

Yep, 'Tis a shame. I don't mind having the Platatac stuff anyway.

I know a group of airsofters in HK that are doing clones of it. But that's it. Just clones.

Yikes!!!  It was bound to happen at some point in time though.  Now I'm glad I recently grabbed the NDS set on Ebay that was US advisor used.  

I remember seeing that (I think) on Ebay. Couldn't commit at the time since I was doing my Masters.

Oh well, there's always NDS patches.

• 1 month later...