SS Rune flag? Real or Authentic?

CryoMark12

Go to solution Solved by Rakkasan187,

I found this one, Owner said the authenticity is unknown. This raises my suspicion unbelievably high because there is a bid starting at $5 and it's going up. This leaves me to think its a fake.

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.18.36.png

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.18.43.png

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.18.53.png

• Solution

Fake stamps in my opinion. I would want solid provenance before purchasing anything SS related. The vast majority of my SS items came from veterans who brought the items back. 

Reminds me of the fake flags sold by Delta International in the 70's and 80's

Red flag #1 is the seller is "unsure of authenticity"  

Red flag #2 is the starting price is $5.00

Not something I would risk since SS items have such a high profile associated with the organization, and with that everyone seems to want something connected to the SS without doing proper research or investigation. Just my thoughts 

Leigh

Thank you guys so much. Because as I am going through Gunbroker people keep listing more ss fakes.

Again this Is a new one I JUST FOUND a NEW FIND SS RUNE FLAG. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE. OWNER WANTS OVER 4K FOR THIS ONE.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.57.34.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.57.41.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.57.54.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.58.10.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.57.48.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.58.17.png

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.58.10.png

2 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:

Fake stamps in my opinion. I would want solid provenance before purchasing anything SS related. The vast majority of my SS items came from veterans who brought the items back. 

Reminds me of the fake flags sold by Delta International in the 70's and 80's

Red flag #1 is the seller is "unsure of authenticity"  

Red flag #2 is the starting price is $5.00

Not something I would risk since SS items have such a high profile associated with the organization, and with that everyone seems to want something connected to the SS without doing proper research or investigation. Just my thoughts 

Leigh

I FOUND ANOTHER SS RUNE FLAG ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE.

FAKE.

VERY FAKE.

(They never used RZM stamps on flags (they used tags) and RZM M5 is for "uniform accessories".

My advice- stop shopping Gunbroker for SS flags.

I will guarantee that no real SS flag will ever show up there. (and if it ever does, it will sell for the thousands that they sell for)

Preppy Picker

That old rope is real!🙄 What a heart warming touch. I had an SS banner once with Dachau provenance, I believe I sold it to Gump at the 2011 or 12 Max show.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Jerry said:

FAKE.

VERY FAKE.

(They never used RZM stamps on flags (they used tags) and RZM M5 is for "uniform accessories".

My advice- stop shopping Gunbroker for SS flags.

I will guarantee that no real SS flag will ever show up there. (and if it ever does, it will sell for the thousands that they sell for)

Okay thank, yes I will