Gebirgsjager Officers Visor by rare maker

Preppy Picker

Preppy Picker

This visor was at the flea market on Sunday for $500. I wasn’t to sure about it because the construction and materials were not normal but the sweat shield is celluloid so I was given 15 minutes by the seller to enlist some help. Turns out that Litto- Mutze Wien is a very rare Austrian maker and the hat is late war which explains the unusual material such as the black liner and very thin mouse gray gaberdine exterior material. Note also the eagle variants position and the ghost of a missing edelweiss.

I doubt anyone will enjoy this visor as much as I do but have at it.

IMG_2635.jpeg

IMG_2636.jpeg

IMG_2637.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2639.jpeg

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_2643.jpeg

IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2645.jpeg

IMG_2646.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

Gear Fanatic

I would buy it if I had the money, I would also be skeptical to, it looks like a bad repro, the eagle immediately looked funny to me.

Preppy Picker

I’ve see the eagle variation before so that didn’t trouble me but the cap itself like you said looked weird. Turns out it’s a very rare and seldom seen Austrian maker plus made late war.

Gear Fanatic

that is the recipe for a suspicious cap, interesting Are we talking like 1944 or 1945 like an ersatz period, I know it’s kinda a stupid question but I am really curious if this is the the lowest quality it got to this late in the war. Thanks in advance!

-Gear Fanatic 

Preppy Picker

I’ve been finding visors all my life but this was the first time I ever saw this one. I had to go for help to even make the purchase because I lacked the education. I did not get an exact time of manufacturing but have put in a request so will see.

Preppy Picker
1 hour ago, Mr.Jerry said:

I have seen some Austrian made uniforms that leaned toward the grey side of things.

I like the hat.

Thank you 

Preppy Picker
7 hours ago, Gear Fanatic said:

that is the recipe for a suspicious cap, interesting Are we talking like 1944 or 1945 like an ersatz period, I know it’s kinda a stupid question but I am really curious if this is the the lowest quality it got to this late in the war. Thanks in advance!

-Gear Fanatic 

They started to change visor materials in 1943 so it’s hard to say when this one was made.

I'm on the fence with this one, it has the black Peküro padding on the sweatband, but I'm not an expert.

Bill

Preppy Picker
51 minutes ago, shemp h. said:

I'm on the fence with this one, it has the black Peküro padding on the sweatband, but I'm not an expert.

Bill

We need someone smarter than the both of us who is familiar with Litto-Mutze. Regardless I had the same thoughts you have. By the way a Google search reinforced the council I received.

I researched your visor over on WRF and found photos of this exact visor, it was vetted by an expert as original.Like you said probably late war and it is GJ, Good catch!👍

Screenshot (105).png

Screenshot (106).png