German WW2 insignia brought back by US veteran

Oakleaf777

Hello- the attached pictures are of a collection of WW2 German insignia supposedly sent home by my wife’s grandfather from Italy where he was on occupation duty at the end of WW2. I don’t collect WW2 TR militaria and have little knowledge about it. I would be interested if anyone can identify what these items are. Thanks. 

7E0F4B1B-FB0E-4CA3-98B2-7BB9E992A6FB.jpeg

2C603765-EB61-466F-A46C-CA038F2E3EEC.jpeg

Preppy Picker

He found a hoard of black wound badges and denazified two of them. The are 2 Luftwaffe ground combat badges, one in late war zinc with a bad case of metal fatigue and the other a nice early version. 

as mentioned- frm the the top L-R: black wound badges.  Luft Ground assault. Police belt buckles. LW ground assualt badge,.  Navy minesweeper badge. DRL sport badge, cloth Paratrooper badge (upside down)/ war merit cross 2nd class.

Pic2: Crete Luftwaffe cufftitle, small hunting/boot knife, army officer breast eagle ribbon bars.  (cant see the documents enough)

Thanks for the information. Any significant value to these items? I’m still trying to ascertain if they are still in the original package they were mailed home from Italy in. I don’t know what the veteran’s children (who are getting quite old) intend to do with these items, but I’d like to have a good idea of what they are and what their approximate value is so the vet’s children don’t get ripped off if they decide to sell them. 

The Kreta cuff title although a little soiled is rather rare and can bring from $850-900 in this condition. Cleaner examples have gone for higher $950-995..

The wound badges can vary in price due to maker, condition, etc. and run from $80-125, but again price is subjective and can vary due to many variables.

The Luftwaffe ground assault badges also can bring decent prices $375.00-450 depending again on several variables.

You have most of the items identified now you can search to see prices that dealers are selling them for or for what they have sold for in the past 

Again prices can be very subjective, but you have a good starting point as the items have been identified.

Your wifes GF did well.

Best regards

Leigh 

All I have (for now) are the pictures I posted. I don’t have possession of the items and have never seen them “in the flesh.” I did hear that they sat in the package they were mailed home in for many, many years. 

Preppy Picker

If you look at realized prices on eMedals you can find these items for much less. For starters Black Wound Badges sell for $45 to $50 constantly unless it’s a Spanish one but that doesn’t apply here. The Kreta cuff title sells regularly for $400-500. 

32 minutes ago, Preppy Picker said:

If you look at realized prices on eMedals you can find these items for much less. For starters Black Wound Badges sell for $45 to $50 constantly unless it’s a Spanish one but that doesn’t apply here. The Kreta cuff title sells regularly for $400-500. 

Again, one reason why I said that prices are subjective.