ID´d: French Belt and Badge

LloydJN

Hi all, anyone able to identify either or both of this belt and badge? 

The woven leather belt from my research I'm leaning towards it being an Imperial Japanese Army sword belt but not totally convinced. 

The badge, potentially American or French? Maybe from a Shako but the purpose of the loop at the base is unusual to me. 

Help appreciated, thanks. IMG_8934.jpg.844d4ee39e9d60d00a79a7da538dbdbe.jpgIMG_8935.jpg.a771263ee15e93880b376c30f2686b28.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9878.jpg

38 minutes ago, LloydJN said:

Hi all, anyone able to identify either or both of this belt and badge? 

The woven leather belt from my research I'm leaning towards it being an Imperial Japanese Army sword belt but not totally convinced. 

The badge, potentially American or French? Maybe from a Shako but the purpose of the loop at the base is unusual to me. 

Help appreciated, thanks. IMG_8934.jpg.844d4ee39e9d60d00a79a7da538dbdbe.jpgIMG_8935.jpg.a771263ee15e93880b376c30f2686b28.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9878.jpg

Hi Lloyd.

I think the belt is a French Great War Officer’s Troupe Coloniale plaid belt https://www.relicmilitaria.com/product/france-great-war-officers-troupe-coloniale-plaid-belt-circa-1914-1918/

I have seen similar to the eagle and believe yours is a single key hook if it measures 21/2 to 3 inches eight and width . This link will take you to an ETSY with a slightly different design but the same purpose. https://www.etsy.com/hk-en/listing/1247118892/vintage-brass-eagle-key-hook-james. There are quite a few variations online. 

regards

Gunner

Thanks Gunner, great help. 

Yea seen many different designs to the eagle frustratingly. I do agree its some from of key hook but cannot be one for the wall as there is a small metal loop and the back (maybe not clear in photo) and would get in the way. Did find this image which is nearly a total match, just without the loop and maybe complicates the final solution but more to go on now and research further. Thanks again. IMG_9153.PNG.58074b47cac94c7b8a732179d5254cba.PNG

Preppy Picker

I saw that loop and thought it definitely attached to something round maybe to hold it on a piece of headgear and the hook is for some sort of chinstrap?