1/16 scale DÈSKIT Renault R35

Manu-Military

I'm glad to share some photos of my last completed model : the 1/16 scale DÈSKIT Renault R35.

It is of course painted in the bright colorful scheme of the 1940 French army during the Battle of France in May-June 1940.

DÈS models are available here http://deskit.online.fr/01_systeme/pages_systeme/home_page.htm

Thanks for looking and feel free to visit http://manu-military.e-monsite.com/pages/france-40-amr-35-zt-zt2-zt3/ for much more photos.

R35Finipetites(1).JPG.ee0c38a44943ce206170f86c9c0564a0.JPG

R35Finipetites(3).JPG.b4b884fd5178b5ae93bfe851671a161a.JPG

R35Finipetites(4).JPG.25761b8be1c8d31a76810ae19ce516f5.JPG

R35Finipetites(5).JPG.fcf12b069c7bd69ec5376ce5cfb6e4c4.JPG

R35Finipetites(7).JPG.534ae115e2e6208c2c4e3d27df3d06c3.JPG

R35Finipetites(8).JPG.e96be9869bfec18594f5cbdce2cb95ad.JPG

What an excellent model! Looks like one of the most komplex WW II camo pattern I have seen. You did a great paintjob on this including an awesome  weathering. Did you airbrush the camo pattern or did you paint it with brushes?

Thank you both for your kind comments.

This tank is to represent one from the 12th Battaillon de Chars de Combat lost in June 1940 in the Oise department during a counter attack.

The camo is my very own interpretation of a profile of this tank as published in the French GBM magazine, #130 and 131.

The whole kit has been airbrushed using Tamiya paints only:

• Dark green is XF-13,
  • Light green on the running gear is the same green lightened with XF-4 yellow,
  • Light green on the upper hull and turret is XF-67 Nato green lightened with JN Grey XF-12,
  • Brown is XF-64 ligthened with the same XF-4 yellow,
  • Blue is XF-8 blue with XF-2 white and JN Grey XF-12.
  • The black lines were hand "painted" using a 1,2mm Stabilo pigment liner.

A very light dry brush using a Humbrol light grey (64 if I remember well) is applied after several washes of Tamiya paints in an attempt to dull the fresh paints and give them a combat proven tank look, even though it had a very short experience on the battle field.

The tracks were painted black and were then given a heavy dry brush with Humbrol 53. In a final step, they had been lightly dry brushed with the same Humbrol light grey.

And "TADA!" Here is it!

13 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

What an excellent model! Looks like one of the most komplex WW II camo pattern I have seen. You did a great paintjob on this including an awesome  weathering. Did you airbrush the camo pattern or did you paint it with brushes?

I can see you're located in Germany.

Will you be at the SMC next 15 of Octber in Veldhoven, NL?

If yes, that would be an excellent opportunity to meet.

Amazing result, I really like French MV's of the 1930's & '40's!

I collected some 1/48 scale aircraft and 1/35 scale Tamiya kits, mostly of German WW2 vehicles and have started building a few, mainly because the different possible camo patterns give me a chance to practice my airbrushing- and weathering skills. I use Vallejo acrylics.

Thanks Manu for your very detailed answer, I will save this for my files. I have worked with Tamiya colors as well before I switched to Vallejo; both are excellent. I really admire your modeling skills and it would be great to meet at the SMC but I´m not available at that date. Maybe next time.

Keep up your great work!