UNK Beret - Herbert Johnson Beret

Chad

Go to solution Solved by Gunner87,

Looking to see if anyone knows more detail about who would have worn this beret.  I contacted Herbert Johnson and they replied with - 

"Thank you for the recent inquiry concerning a Khaki beret with  red trim.  I am sorry I do not know the answer to your inquiry.  I could  make an educated guess, but a guess at best. 

The Canadian artillery wear Khaki and red forage caps . as do general staff . however they do not wear a khaki beret 

Regards Ian -"

thanks for any assistance on this

Chad-

Beret.jpg

• Solution
On 11/28/2023 at 10:14 PM, Chad said:

Looking to see if anyone knows more detail about who would have worn this beret.  I contacted Herbert Johnson and they replied with - 

"Thank you for the recent inquiry concerning a Khaki beret with  red trim.  I am sorry I do not know the answer to your inquiry.  I could  make an educated guess, but a guess at best. 

The Canadian artillery wear Khaki and red forage caps . as do general staff . however they do not wear a khaki beret 

Regards Ian -"

thanks for any assistance on this

Chad-

Beret.jpg

Hi Chad.

A belated welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice other than to say it certainly isn't British and neither General Staff. 

As the Herbert Johnson were unable to provide an answer it maybe the beret is very old and as such could be World War Two era. WW2Talk.com is an excellent site with many experts who are only glad to assist. Maybe worth a try. 

Regards

Gunner