General Ma’s embroidered flags

Preppy Picker

Preppy Picker

I found these banners many years ago from the estate of Ma who retired in the USA.

The General is credited for getting and working with Clair Chennault to create a Chinese Air Force which included the Flying Tigers.

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

If I remember correctly this banner commemorates General Ma’s establishing a Chinese Air Force.

Poor General Ma got himself involved in missing funds that were earmarked for the Chinese Air Force.

I had many of Ma’s medals too but I don’t have pictures of them.

IMG_5561.jpeg

1 hour ago, Preppy Picker said:

I found these banners many years ago from the estate of Ma who retired in the USA.

The General is credited for getting and working with Clair Chennault to create a Chinese Air Force which included the Flying Tigers.

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

If I remember correctly this banner commemorates General Ma’s establishing a Chinese Air Force.

Poor General Ma got himself involved in missing funds that were earmarked for the Chinese Air Force.

I had many of Ma’s medals too but I don’t have pictures of them.

IMG_5561.jpeg

Thanks for posting the fantastic banners.  I've never seen anything like them before.  

Preppy Picker
1 hour ago, Castle_Keep said:

Thanks for posting the fantastic banners.  I've never seen anything like them before.  

I was very lucky buying a storage locker in Los Angeles that was full of Ma’s household items. Hidden underneath everything was a box full of militaria. The banners are all hand embroidered.

Ma was accused of stealing millions of US dollars that were to be used to build up the Air Force in Taiwan. He retired in Los Angeles.

Thank you for your comment.

2 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

I was very lucky buying a storage locker in Los Angeles that was full of Ma’s household items. Hidden underneath everything was a box full of militaria. The banners are all hand embroidered.

Ma was accused of stealing millions of US dollars that were to be used to build up the Air Force in Taiwan. He retired in Los Angeles.

Thank you for your comment.

Thank you.  I better get to work attempting to research General’s Ma’s colorful past.