Hello from Virginia and Merry Christmas

fishnlure

Hi Everyone. I have been collecting Various military items for over 40 years.  My main interests are inert ordnance, guns, bayonets, ammunition and ephemera, but I have many other items. I also have an extensive antique fishing tackle collection. I have visited this sight many times researching items and finally decided to join. I recently purchased part of a large military collection and am overwhelmed with trying to research everything. I will be posting much of it on here and would appreciate any help identifying some of it and determining if there are any fakes. Much of it is Rhodesian Patches, medals, hat badges and insignia, but there is also a lot of French, English and other countries. Also a lot of web gear, packs and miscellaneous items. I will be keeping some of it for my collection and will be trading or selling the rest at a later time.  I attached a few pictures of a small portion of my recent find.

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

28.jpeg

16.jpeg

27.jpeg

24.jpeg

Wow nice pick up.  A lot of collector's are probably going to be interested in your first, second and third Riker cases which as you know contain Rhodesian insignia.  Specifically the Rhodesian SAS insignia which look real in the second Riker case.  I know nothing about medals but the Rhodesian Light Infantry stuff is also sought after and speifically their 3 Commando paratroopr wing (upper right corner).  You are correct about the amount of copies that are out there for these pieces of insignia.  Your third Riker case contains Royal Rhodesian Regiment insignia which may not be as sought after as the things in your second Riker case but anything Rhodesian is sought after by collectors.  I know very little about your Rhodesian Air Force insignia in the first Riker case but for the airborne collector the half parachute wing at the very top middle is highly sought after.  

Your fourth Riker case doesn't seem to have anything rare unless the bullion paratrooper wing in the very center is real.  I don't know anything about medals so there could be some rare pieces there.  Your Foreigh Legion stuff in the last Riker case doesn't seem to have anything rare unlss the 1st Foreign Heavy Mortars Parachute Company on the far right middle is real but most of the ones you come across are copies.  The triangular badge along the lower left would be sought after if it is the 2nd BEP (2nd Foreign Legion Parachute Battalion) and not the later period 2nd REP.  

Thanks for the Info Tonomachi. this is only a sampling of what I purchased. I have 25 cases of insignia and medals and tons of other stuff. I filled my van up twice at the estate sale and also went back twice to buy more from the Lady that inherited all this. It is going to take me a long time to go through all of it. I was able to get a lot of information about where the medals and insignia were purchased.  I found a binder with some information and a pile of sales lists and receipts from Alec Kaplan and son from Johannesburg. The case with the Royal Rhodesian Regiment insignia also has a Bronze Cross of Rhodesia won by Malcolm Edward Forbes and I have Photos, letters, news articles and other provenance with it. He also kept the original ebay listing and correspondence where he purchased it. I am going to try to post some more pictures in the Latest finds section Later.  Until then, here are some pictures of a few more cases.

14.jpeg

5.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

12.jpeg