NSDAP Armband

Bosley

Hi All,

I've recently acquired a blacklight and have been reacquainting myself with my collection for the first time in many years.  The blacklight seemed to confirm what I already thought about most of my items, but a few stood out as surprises.

This single-piece armband I always was under the impression was a reproduction.  So I was quite surprised to see that there was no glow under blacklight, at least for the front.  But as I continued to study the piece closely with the light I saw that on the inside there appeared to be just the tiny head of a glowing white thread poking out from interior stitching.  I pulled at the thread just a little, and sure enough out came some interior stitching that was certainly glowing under the light (see last two pictures).

Thoughts on this?  Does this pretty much ascertain this piece as being at least a somewhat purposefully deceitful repro?  What do I make of the armband front itself that does not glow?

Aside from the blacklight aspect, thoughts on this piece?  I've been told in the past that although there are legit single piece (i.e. printed) armbands, the construction on this one is just off.  And that if there is a stamp, it should be on the outside of the band, not the inside (see second to last picture).

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

-Bosley

20231219_010557.jpg

20231219_010609.jpg

20231219_010619.jpg

20231219_010638.jpg

20231219_010719.jpg

20231219_010740.jpg

20231219_010510.jpg