Nationalist Chinese Uniform

ScottG

Tomorrow I will be picking up this mannequin along with about 250 others from a friends collection. My friend passed away suddenly on Dec 17th and I am handling much of the estate for his Son and Daughter. This is a beautiful uniform for a Nationalist Chinese Officer though I don't know much more about it... It will be going into the museum that he and I helped to start several years ago so it won't be available for sale like some of the other mannequins. Just thought I would share some of his work here as he was truly a great friend and partner in the museum. Any comments are welcome especially regarding more info on the uniform. I will try to get more pics when I can.    Scott

278017212_4939287242816239_8430129428408505946_n.jpg

278018182_4939287269482903_6862438817752550381_n.jpg

Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences. That is a great uniform though, and also a nice matching mannequin!

Thank you on both accounts, it is appreciated.  The mannequin is a Yanks Mannequin, quite nice and affordable.    Scott

Scarecrow

Scott,

Sorry about your friend's passing.  Just a great addition to the Museum's collection.

Paul

16 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Scott,

Sorry about your friend's passing.  Just a great addition to the Museum's collection.

Paul

Thank you Paul, it was a heck of a day today! We filled a 20 foot U haul, a full size truck, a mid size truck and a van and we are only a little more than half done! It is amazing what one person can accumulate in 50 years.    Scott

Scarecrow
9 hours ago, ScottG said:

Thank you Paul, it was a heck of a day today! We filled a 20 foot U haul, a full size truck, a mid size truck and a van and we are only a little more than half done! It is amazing what one person can accumulate in 50 years.    Scott

Scott,

Here are a couple of reference items that may help with your research on this uniform item.  I collect Chinese Nationalist items and have found these volumes to be useful.

Paul

FullSizeR(2).jpg.3356c554d1552e4cdd9b4616112f7f91.jpgFullSizeR(1).jpg.58580333e1eca15c0897346735588933.jpgFullSizeR.jpg.5beb713409378984b60e1578b2917648.jpg

Thank you Paul, the Osprey books have been a steadfast reference for years across the collecting field. I will look into those for the museum. Thank you again!  Scott

Preppy Picker

I had the chance to see this manikin today and though I know nothing, it was quite impressive.

The wood tank and WW1 ambulance were also very impressive.

Nice job Scott on the total museum and letting me get some prices.