PLEASE ~ Wish to Identify ‘Anything’ Regarding This Pre-1900 Imperial German Photo ?

dpast32

Go to solution Solved by Gunner87,

Good Morning Folks,  I'm desperately attempting to determine 'something', really anything regarding the following Photograph ? ( In my opinion, it appears to be of Pre-1900 +/- Imperial German origin, marked to an Berlin Photographer. IIRC, I recall seeing his Sword somewhere, although that particular type / style was quite similar to many others during the time period in question ? I've been advised that he appears to be an Enlisted Man / 'Other Ranks,' & although I'm not certain, it does at least sound correct ? Sooooo, if anyone here amongst us happens to have be able to provide an identity of this individual's Unit, Sword, & or anything whatsoever pertaining to it, I would be extremely appreciative !! THANK YOU Folks, very much !!

Best regards,  Dom P. /  ‘dpast32’

image.png.332630d8fe84fae409016dd181ed1af0.png

IMG_0933(1).jpeg.a49812658d1b18b83856282ae619a490.jpeg 

• Solution
On 1/6/2024 at 3:18 PM, dpast32 said:

Good Morning Folks,  I'm desperately attempting to determine 'something', really anything regarding the following Photograph ? ( In my opinion, it appears to be of Pre-1900 +/- Imperial German origin, marked to an Berlin Photographer. IIRC, I recall seeing his Sword somewhere, although that particular type / style was quite similar to many others during the time period in question ? I've been advised that he appears to be an Enlisted Man / 'Other Ranks,' & although I'm not certain, it does at least sound correct ? Sooooo, if anyone here amongst us happens to have be able to provide an identity of this individual's Unit, Sword, & or anything whatsoever pertaining to it, I would be extremely appreciative !! THANK YOU Folks, very much !!

Best regards,  Dom P. /  ‘dpast32’

image.png.332630d8fe84fae409016dd181ed1af0.png

IMG_0933(1).jpeg.a49812658d1b18b83856282ae619a490.jpeg 

Hi Dom.

This is a Brandenburgisch 'Reitende Soldaten einer fahrenden Abteilung der Feldartillerie' or 'Riding soldiers of a traveling field artillery division'. The studio opened in 1887 and this photograph taken before 1890.

Gunner