Unknown Mini Medal Lapel Pin

Basic Rifleman

Basic Rifleman

I'm trying to find more information about this miniature medal button hole lapel pin. Specifically, I'm looking to identify the medals represented. The pin was made in Italy, but I've had a tough time finding an Italian medal chart that shows these medals, and am wondering if this may have been made for another countries military by an Italian maker... 

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

On 1/10/2024 at 9:12 PM, Basic Rifleman said:

I'm trying to find more information about this miniature medal button hole lapel pin. Specifically, I'm looking to identify the medals represented. The pin was made in Italy, but I've had a tough time finding an Italian medal chart that shows these medals, and am wondering if this may have been made for another countries military by an Italian maker... 

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Hi Basic Rifleman.

I believe what you have there is an Italian, privately purchased, veterans brooch bearing his medals received during service. Here is a similar item found online. https://www.numismaticaluciani.it/prodotto/distintivo-badge-croce-commemorativa-della-2a-armata-cavaliere-dell-ordine-della-corona-d-italia-a27/

Gunner

F52AEBB7-02CA-4A35-BC3E-D63C90A0970E.jpeg

69BBDFA6-7EA4-4ADC-8B36-FDBC0B3376D1.jpeg

Basic Rifleman

Thanks Gunner,

I don't think I was lost on this pins intended purpose, or where it was made. Specifically I'm looking to find out what countries medals are represented, and specifically the types of medals. 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:04 PM, Basic Rifleman said:

Thanks Gunner,

I don't think I was lost on this pins intended purpose, or where it was made. Specifically I'm looking to find out what countries medals are represented, and specifically the types of medals. 

My apologies, I should have been clearer in that I believe the medals are Italian. The second one from top on your brooch is the 'Commemorative Cross of the 2nd Army' which is both a Great War and World War Two award. The example I posted above has the same medal and the link lists the awards on the pin. 

Attached is the 'Commemorative Cross of the 2nd Army'

5DDC0F6F-037F-4B9C-8B24-FB0438AE8ED8.jpeg